DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Sticks Storage Brace

Berm_Rooster

Reactions
I live in the arse end of Africa and do not have the luxury of Ebay and Amazon delivering my every need.
Stuck with the little bag that came with my Mavic, I noticed the RC sticks are getting pushed during transport / storage. So since I cant buy the sticks bracket brace thing (or a pre-cut foam lined hard case), I decided to make my own.

Semi-firm neoprene, drilled and sanded by hand. It sits snug and appears to keeps the sticks where they need to be.

Questions:

Is the storage brace really required, or is it a manufactured need from some entrepreneur to make a bit of cash?

Since I hand made this, there is the possibility that my alignment of the stick-holes are out by a smidgeon (even though it looks perfect). Will this matter?

IMG_3507.JPG IMG_3508.JPG IMG_3509.JPG IMG_3510.JPG

Reactions: hychewright
I live in the arse end of Africa and do not have the luxury of Ebay and Amazon delivering my every need.
Stuck with the little bag that came with my Mavic, I noticed the RC sticks are getting pushed during transport / storage. So since I cant buy the sticks bracket brace thing (or a pre-cut foam lined hard case), I decided to make my own.

Semi-firm neoprene, drilled and sanded by hand. It sits snug and appears to keeps the sticks where they need to be.

Questions:

Is the storage brace really required, or is it a manufactured need from some entrepreneur to make a bit of cash?

Since I hand made this, there is the possibility that my alignment of the stick-holes are out by a smidgeon (even though it looks perfect). Will this matter?

View attachment 9802 View attachment 9803 View attachment 9804 View attachment 9805

I am sure the sticks touching the inside of the bag, won't have any effect on its performance, and can't imagine it will cause any wear and tear, having only had my Mavic just over a week I am not treating it with kid gloves as you can see this is one sturdy piece of kit.
I have brought two dedicated hard shell cases for traveling on a flight with, but will use the bag for day to day.

Good job that will work mate :) you can also use the cover that is in the box

I am sure the sticks touching the inside of the bag, won't have any effect on its performance, and can't imagine it will cause any wear and tear, having only had my Mavic just over a week I am not treating it with kid gloves as you can see this is one sturdy piece of kit.
I have brought two dedicated hard shell cases for traveling on a flight with, but will use the bag for day to day.

Not so much just touching the bag inside. Think sticks inadvertently getting pushed all the way to the stops as the bag is handled and RC settles.

I should have exaggerated the scenario in my first picture.

I read somewhere that not protecting the sticks could lead to drift and other similar problems.

I purchased the bar protector and quite satisfied with it. Keeps sticks centered during transportation.

I purchased the bar protector and quite satisfied with it. Keeps sticks centered during transportation.

Would you mind sending me a picture?

Dis your bought version Only clip onto the sticks or does it also strap down around the back of the RC?

Then also, if you were to apply lateral force to the brace, does it move at all?

If ebay or amazon dont deliver to you, try aliexpress. They're only a couple of bucks and slide in very easy into the flymore bag.

DJI seems to think it's a potential issue. Here's a warning from the manual.

# nagging consumer alert...

WTF then does DJI not supply the brace with that stupid $80 bag that comes in the combo deal if it exactly does what they warn about?

If ebay or amazon dont deliver to you, try aliexpress. They're only a couple of bucks and slide in very easy into the flymore bag.

Problem is the import duty in South Africa. And also postal theft.

But since it's only a few dollars, I might give it a try.

Would you mind sending me a picture?

Dis your bought version Only clip onto the sticks or does it also strap down around the back of the RC?

Then also, if you were to apply lateral force to the brace, does it move at all?
Hello Berm, It is a small plastic cup that fit's over both sticks in which a plastic bar connects the two cups. It does not clip to the back and the sticks do not move. You can find them at Drone Valley. Google Drone Valley and they are not expensive.

Hello Berm, It is a small plastic cup that fit's over both sticks in which a plastic bar connects the two cups. It does not clip to the back and the sticks do not move. You can find them at Drone Valley. Google Drone Valley and they are not expensive.

Cool, thanks man. I will do so.

This the brace that I use. Bought on Tao Bao.

Attachments

• IMG_0954.JPG
    IMG_0954.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
The sticks are rock solid. Gives a good sense of security when quickly throwing into a bag.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique