DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ready to Go (vision) max height

marco169

Reactions
Maybe already asked but when searching I am not getting significant replies.

When trying to film rock climbing outdoors I am put, sometimes and depending from location, in Ready to Go (vision) flight mode. This is because the rock wall, especially when I am below or very near to it it, blocks some of the gps signals (only 5/6 satellied locked) and then the mavic relies on the visual positioning only.

This "vision" flight mode has an height limitation of about 5 meters, which is useless for filming people climbing higher on the wall. The warning says "Maximum Altitude Reached: Adjust altitude in MC", but I am unable to find where those settings can be changed.

Should I disable VPS at all? Which will be consequences in drone handling? Will tripod mode still be possible after that?

I am unable to reproduce the issue in a safe zone at home because I have plenty of gps coverage here. Thanks for any hint.

I don't think you can adjust that. Flying without GPS is risky, and is probably why DJI limits the height without it. Flying in atti mode will allow the drone to drift and will not self correct.

I need to lift the drone higher up when there is no or poor gps signal. How do I do that?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu