DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Really odd stuff tonight

Brojon

Reactions
I just flew the MP about 4 days ago with zero issues. I wanted to try out a mission tonight so I took it out at sunset and fired it up. Took off with Litchi and it would not turn the camera on nor would would it switch back and forth between cinema and stills. Killed Litchi and switched to DJI same thing. Tried to format the SDCard as a test to see if I'd forgotten the card and it said format failed.
Brought it back down, switched SDcards and it still refused to activate camera.
Shut down iPad, shut down remote and MP.
Brought up iPad, started DJI, turned on remote, then turned on MP.
Took off and it activated camera no problem.
Killed DJI and fired up Litchi.
Started mission. Started flying and then about 200 feet out it started bucking and claiming there was an obstacle - at 120 feet up. I was not pointed at the setting sun - I was about 90 degrees to it. Flew back no problem. This is getting old.
Landed and looked at the sensors - cleaned even tho they did not appear dirty. Launched. Again it refused to start the camera. Restarted Litchi, no good. Shut Litchi down and started DJI. Everything worked fine.
Killed DJI and restarted Litchi and it worked ok.
Ran the mission and no complaints about obstacles - at this time the sun was down and it was civil twilight.
It returned to the start position and I landed.
Camera would not shut off this time. Absolutely refused to stop recording. Shut down Litchi and restarted - still recording. At this point I should have tried DJI but I was aggravated. I shut the bird off. So of course teh video is corrupted. The card that I swapped out was also tested ok - no idea why the format "failed".
Grrrrrrrr.
Anyone else ever have this weird **** happen to them?

Wow - I don't have any suggestions for you, but I think you've had more issues in this one flight than I've had in 4 months of ownership. :eek:

Hope you get it sorted out.

Jake

Sounds like a "box of chocolates". . . .

I have issues just not those same ones. (Gimbel resets, stop recording for no reason and so on)

Since Litchi directly uses Go 4s SDK.. DJI Go 4 I bet was and is the issue.. And who hell knows howit's going to act from day to day..Granted i never had all those at once but i had crazy things happen here recently...Hope you get it worked out....

Yeah - I've concluded I'm going to reinstall both apps and see if that cures what ails it.

Reactions: lightbg
The obstacle announcement would be sun or lens flares - common issue near sunset/sunrise.
Turn OA off, quick way to do it is switch to sport mode, you don't have to go faster.

Was the lack of response on the app or the controller record button.
I will get occasional sluggish delayed response if I haven't rebooted the phone just before.
You can do this while setting things up and it resolves most niggles.

Video corrupted, guessing you use mov not mp4

The other day whilst flying in snow I switched batteries, wasn't until I got home I found out I hadn't turned battery off fully so I pulled it off with the mavic still powered and recording
Video file still fine

I often shut off to stop recording

Ya but he stated that he was not facing the sun...so it wasn't that..

Video corrupted, guessing you use mov not mp4

The other day whilst flying in snow I switched batteries, wasn't until I got home I found out I hadn't turned battery off fully so I pulled it off with the mavic still powered and recording
Video file still fine

I often shut off to stop recording
Nope - MP4.

The obstacle announcement would be sun or lens flares - common issue near sunset/sunrise.
Turn OA off, quick way to do it is switch to sport mode, you don't have to go faster.

Was the lack of response on the app or the controller record button.
I will get occasional sluggish delayed response if I haven't rebooted the phone just before.
You can do this while setting things up and it resolves most niggles.

Only thing I can figure with the obstacle warning is perhaps there was still glare even though I was facing mostly away. Odd thing was I had no such warning headed back which would have had much more sun. I'll pay closer attention tonight.
As far as controller buttons - I confess I forget the durned things are even there. Excellent point and next time I will try those to see if it makes any dfifference. You'd think I'd know as much since I use it a lot on my P4P since the camera button also focuses.

No but I was informed "Saturn entered Capricorn last night."
So maybe the stars were just aligned against me ;)

In what way is the mp4 corrupted? It only requires the start of the file for it to be playable hence why they are streamable

you should be able to recover the video by using a normal file recovery program to rewrite the header
that's if its recorded any data

Three different programs refused to load it. I found a DJIfix app that purports to fix corrupted drone files. I'll give that a shot later.

I guess it's a bit outdated but still - I've used Restore.Media service to fix corrupt drone video files.
There are other tools like mp4repair, grauonline etc, but they don't cope with all files, and I'm having doubts as to whether they recover from Mavics.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear