DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

REALLY REALLY UNHAPPY!!

I just come back from a mall in dubai and the saw plenty of stock in the 2 stores that sell mavics. I bought mine last week there and there was also enough stock. I find it strange that small shop can have stock and no stock at DJI

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Out of curiosity, what was the price in Dubai?

UK customs & excise seem to be on some sort of purge at the moment. I've just had to pay £15.43 on an item I had shipped from the US, which had a value of $19.99 on the customs declaration. I'm not so sure I fancy my chances of stepping off a plane with my brand new Fly More combo under my arm!!!

I was exactly the same! Saw it on YouTube, looked at the DJI site and saw "Ships in 5-7 Days" didn't think twice and ordered immediately, knowing full well payment would clear straight away.

DJI (chat) fobbed me off all along, and that's the bit that really gets my blood boiling. You cannot make an informed choice when you're being fed BS. If they'd just said end of February/March, I might have been annoyed, but waited. Anyway F@ck'em!!

Absolutely!!! Apple told me January 25 for delivery when I ordered in November. Then it shipped within 48 hours.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I really think that dji should have been the only seller for the first few months. Then orders would have been filled in purchase order. I ordered mine from apple in November on a impulse buy one day. In fact I didn't even do any research on the mavic. I have more money then brains and I saw it in a video on YouTube so I just ordered. I had mine in 5 days from order. I was happy but I should not have got mine before all the pre orders were filled.

It was a bad combination of greed, disorganization and trying to make everyone happy at the same time that sunk their boat.

Whose boat sunk? Sorry, I didn´t get it.

From the moment I decided to buy the Mavic, until I had it in my hands (just before Christmas) was a total of 4 days.
In my case, I just went to Best Buy's Mavic page, which was out of stock, and clicked on the button to notify me when it was back in stock. There's also a stock-checker website where you can sign up and it keeps eye on a multitude of retailers and notifies you when your item comes in stock.
I got lucky and within 2 days got my notice, jumped on to bestbuy.com ordered with free 2-day shipping.. had it 2 days later.
In fact I'm still signed up (just haven't undone it) and got a notice about them being in stock this morning (I just checked... already sold out though).

Sorry, this may not directly help prospects outside of the US.... but I'm sure the concept still applies. I think the moral of the story is... skip the DJI store and use more reliable vendors (and associated tools).

OP - Sorry about your experience with the DJI store. I went through the same thing... but only with ND filters and a battery. Not as critical... but still frustrating. I cancelled and bought elsewhere.

B I T T E R ?.............. Me?............. No of course not!!

Out of curiosity, what was the price in Dubai?

UK customs & excise seem to be on some sort of purge at the moment. I've just had to pay £15.43 on an item I had shipped from the US, which had a value of $19.99 on the customs declaration. I'm not so sure I fancy my chances of stepping off a plane with my brand new Fly More combo under my arm!!!
Between 3999 and 4199 dh depending on you negotiating skills.

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Sunk boat =Trust in DJI's integrity

Got it, thanks. I thought it was that. It´s just that I - honestly - wish my company had a product that is in such high demand despite showing so many problems, both the product itself and the manufacturer. At the present DJI has no competition, and undoubtedly an immensely desirable product too, so they better surf this wave well and make adjustments in time!

Well with all due respect, the delivery of Mavics has pretty much been a nightmare from the very beginning. There are dozens of threads on here, the DJI forums, as well as countless local, national, and tech news websites about how delayed deliveries have been.

I would say calm down, you'll get it soon, and direct that anger somewhere else. Or maybe just don't be so angry about something that you knew very well about before you placed the order. :)

Reactions: GhostRider
Im sorry, but this is hilarious.. People are waiting waaay longer than 14 days to receive their mavic pro. I mean, seriously maybe you need a safe spot so that you can express your feelings. My god, really? We all waited dude, get over it, and stop crying.

I like this ^^^

I had to wait 1 1/2 months before mine showed up.

Yeah I was a little upset with the false advertising about the 5 to 10 day shipping turn around that is stated on the website. Yes I did contact them and got a whole bunch of reasons of why.

You just got to wait and then you will be rewarded. To many people want things NOW!

Reactions: PowerT1998
Everything is life is about timing, almost everything. Mavics are in short supply because it rocks, everyone wants one, so you have to wait in line. Some days the line is longer than others.

My advice about DJI, if you don't want to be lied to, don't ask them any questions! The chat folks are worthless (they're all in China), so don't judge their product on that, otherwise you'll never own a DJI drone.

I ordered my FLY MORE package Dec 26th. The DJI website estimated it would ship Feb 10th . I monitored my order status weekly, it always said pending. Jan 6th at CES two times I was told by DJI staff they were "all caught up" on orders. Yeah right...I'm thinking. January 13th the Mavic shows up at my house. It was shipped from DJI's Carson, CA facility. I was so surprised I checked my order status again and it still showed pending, not shipped. I flew my new Mavic on the 15th. On Monday Jan 16th I get an email from DJI saying my Mavic has shipped. Well Dah, I've already flown it!

So, don't believe anything you get from DJI chat, and you really can't believe their online order status either. Just be patient, wait and chill. Put that waiting time to use and read the manual 3 times, cover to cover. If you're waiting for a Mavic and you haven't read the manual yet, you are wasting time.

Here's a tip.... if you have a FedEx account (costs nothing) for your home, and check the setup option to be notified of all shipments coming in, you will immediately be notified from FedEx about any shipment that's in transit the moment the shipping tracking number is created by the shipper. DJI often uses FedEx. On Jan 12th I actually got a notice from FedEx about a shipment from Carson, CA was in transit. FYI, UPS also offers notification of incoming packages if you have a home account (costs nothing). I find it handy to know when something is expected.

Last edited:
UK Amazon shows Fly More combo's listed at £1842. They can also fly their Mavic's into that place where the sun never shines too!!! :)

You're right. Can't fault you there. The costs can be higher there, too, but I didn't realize there was that much of a difference. Also, I noticed the Amazon offers have changed again already upon a second check. The delivery schedules for Mavics are obviously all over the place and a given delivery date is best taken with a grain of salt. Seems to vary greatly on a case by case basis.

Think about it, though. DJI must really be raking the money in, which is what they're in business to do and so more power to them. But they'd do even more business if their supply kept up with their demand, but someone obviously miscalculated something along the way, as well as not considered the effect the Chinese New Year celebrations would have on production times

I wish those still (im)patiently awaiting the arrival of their Mavics speedy deliveries. Sure could use Santa Claus at a time like this...

I waited 10 weeks for mine.....longest 10 weeks of my life lol. Boy was it worth the wait though! Don't give up just yet ( ps DJI won't give a **** if you cancel ) it's well worth the pain, which is all forgotten as soon as you open that box.

Reactions: GhostRider
Oh GOD!!! You lot aren't making this any easier.

OK, OK, I was impatient and flew off the handle, but I just couldn't take the blatant lies they fed me. I really wasn't quite aware of how widespread the backlog of orders that were being reported on the forums etc were, but it's too late now, I was really annoyed, and probably a bit too hasty, and cancelled my order out of sheer frustration and rage.

Here in the UK, there really aren't an awful lot of options with regard to where you can order the MP from, so I honestly thought that ordering from the DJI shop would be as easy as ordering from Apple, and the thing would be landing on my doormat in 5 days, not the 5-7 they claimed!

I guess, at some point I'll just end up re-joining the back of the queue, and placing my order again once I've actually been reimbursed for the cancelled order.

I just wish DJI could have been more straight and honest, and I agree, DJI Chat probably made the whole experience worse than not actually knowing.

:-(

I placed my order back in December 10th. By that time they had announced they would be shipping after the 15th of Jan. Got it on the 25th. Keep pushing bud!! You will forget all this madness when it's in your hands. I know the feeling of the wait and it sux. My advise is to speak to a rep without getting mad. I know it's hard but kindness sometimes works in your favor. Goodluck bro...

Ordered mine on Jan 24 from BestBuy, shipped on the 24, arrived on the 30. Also on Vancouver Island!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Nice I was going to go throw best buy but they where all out so went right throw DJI .AWOL If u don't mind what part of the island u from

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d