DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Really trapped at 500m?

devin120

Reactions
So I see we have a max alt. I understand theirs restrictions in areas. However, given the location and authorization is this possible to by pass? Taking high elevation photography interests me and I like the solidness of dji.

There's nothing "Pro" about the Mavic anyway. The camera sucks compared to other drones and doesn't live up to DJI's marketing points. Google the camera issues.

How much higher than 15000 ft you need to go

Cool, and thanks for not shitting on me asking alt questions. I understand 500m is high. Probably high enough. Ive never gone that high. Thanks again.

Reactions: nomakase
There's nothing "Pro" about the Mavic anyway. The camera sucks compared to other drones and doesn't live up to DJI's marketing points. Google the camera issues.

A Jetta compared to a Bugatti is junk as well. The camera on the Mavic is very good. I thought I would not like it's smaller field of view but it turns out to make a good video.

Yes a lot of people struggle with the camera. I find it to be acceptable if you know how to edit and color grade. Its actually really good... imo.. Stills.

But video I found some issues... It's me not the camera. I need to understand it better.

To play devils advocate. the specs of the dji mavic out perform any other in the price range... rtf quad? With portability. Compare apples to apples. . .( as in other folding quads that fit in your pocket and go 7km.)

Reactions: SteelFlyer
Yes a lot of people struggle with the camera. I find it to be acceptable if you know how to edit and color grade. Its actually really good... imo.. Stills.

But video I found some issues... It's me not the camera. I need to understand it better.

To play devils advocate. the specs of the dji mavic out perform any other in the price range... rtf quad? With portability. Compare apples to apples. . .( as in other folding quads that fit in your pocket and go 7km.)
Pretty much yes, in my opinion you can't get any better in the consumer or prosumer range than DJI. Yuneec is its closest competitor but from all the reviews i've seen they don't even come close to DJI and as far as the Mavic, you got this or the Gopro Karma and the Mavic wins hands down, the Gopro Karma is basically a simplistic drone with a camera and a removeable gimble, no fancy features or sensors like the Mavic.

Reactions: devin120
I also have an Autel X-Star Premium and it's camera is far superior to that of the one on my Mavic. It is also modular in that you can remove it and replace with new camera's being released this year. One is a better camera with a 1inch sensor similar to the P4 Pro+, the other a FLIR/thermal camera.

the other a FLIR/thermal camera
It'll be interesting to see that price on that one. If the past is any indication of the future, I'm assuming it'll be about 5 times the price of the drone.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Cool, and thanks for not shitting on me asking alt questions. I understand 500m is high. Probably high enough. Ive never gone that high. Thanks again.

You do realize that 500 meters is not an elevation limit but a height above take off limitation. I fly above 14,000 feet here in the mountains all the time. The 500m limit does occasionally both me when I want to follow the side of a mountain uphill but it's not generally a problem.

Reactions: devin120
It'll be interesting to see that price on that one. If the past is any indication of the future, I'm assuming it'll be about 5 times the price of the drone.

You're assuming the FLIR cam for Autel will cost $4000? Tell you what, when the FLIR camera becomes available I'll sell it to you at that price :)

You're assuming the FLIR cam for Autel will cost $4000?
Perhaps.

Check out the prices of the FLIR VUE camera here. And, that's without a gimbal. The cheapest DJI Zenmuse XT sells for about $6,000. So, I'd be shocked to see this camera priced at less than $2,000.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dond40127