DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recently loosing Camera Contact for a couple Secs, seems to get worse

vertrider

Reactions
Hi there,

flying a Mavic Pro (Fly More Combo) without trouble since 3 Months. However, since about 2 weeks I for the 4th or 5th time encounter a strange camera effect while flying - actually it happend the first time 2 weeks ago:

Symptom:

- flying for a couple minutes, the Mavic looses Camera connection for a second, the App shows blank image, then a lowres image and all camera infos are N/A, N/A, N/A..., it then switches back to a better res, but still N/A, then finally goes back to normal - flying itself is not affected during this

- as I mostly film ice climbers and mixed climbers and often fly close to rockwalls etc, I fly LOS, so getting the MP back to me has never been a problem, but each time it does that it’s scary

- today it lost camera connection 2 times during one flight

- it has never occured in the first 2 months but the last two weeks 4-5times, today it went on for about 5-7 secs, while on the 2nd battery (of 3)

- I feel it might be connected to 1 of my 3 batteries but have no explanation for that, going to have an eye on this if it’s battery related, all my batteries are labelled and numbered

- all firmware is current versions

- flying at winter temps, around zero or a bit lower, but always clear sky, no snow or fog

- flying with a iPhone 8Plus and the RC

Any ideas?
Cheers
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Sndflea
Hi there,

flying a Mavic Pro (Fly More Combo) without trouble since 3 Months. However, since about 2 weeks I for the 4th or 5th time encounter a strange camera effect while flying - actually it happend the first time 2 weeks ago:

Symptom:

- flying for a couple minutes, the Mavic looses Camera connection for a second, the App shows blank image, then a lowres image and all camera infos are N/A, N/A, N/A..., it then switches back to a better res, but still N/A, then finally goes back to normal - flying itself is not affected during this

- as I mostly film ice climbers and mixed climbers and often fly close to rockwalls etc, I fly LOS, so getting the MP back to me has never been a problem, but each time it does that it’s scary

- it has never occured in the first 2 months but the last two weeks 4-5times, today it went on for about 5-7 secs, while on the 2nd battery (of 3)

- I feel it might be connected to 1 of my 3 batteries but have no explanation for that, going to have an eye on this if it’s battery related, all my batteries are labelled and numbered

- all firmware is current versions

- flying at winter temps, around zero or a bit lower, but always clear sky, no snow or fog

- flying with a iPhone 8Plus and the RC

Any ideas?
Cheers
Chris

I have had this problem myself the last two and only two flights since updating to the latest firmware, also this doesn’t seem to be battery related as it happened with more than one of mine. Might be a bug with the latest firmware! If so hopefully this is fixed ASAP.

Reactions: vertrider
thank you!

yes correlated with the firmware update this seems the reason.
no problems whatsoever before I did the update like a couple weeks ago.

thx
Chris

While this may be a bug, a contributing factor may be processor hungry apps running in the background. Did you install any new apps around the time that this problem started?

Symptom:

The fact that you are losing gauge readings as well as video suggests perhaps it's loss of signal, not just video. But if you are able to retain control of the Mavic with your controller, maybe the problem is just the link with the phone. Do all the gauges read N/A, e.g., altitude, distance, speed? The stated operating temperature range of the Mavic is 32 - 104 f, or 0 - 40 C, which means you were at the bottom edge of acceptable temperature. Having said that, I know many folks who have used their Mavics without problem below freezing. If possible, maybe try switching mobile phones and see if the problem persists. And, of course, downloading the logs may give some insight.

Reactions: vertrider
While this may be a bug, a contributing factor may be processor hungry apps running in the background. Did you install any new apps around the time that this problem started?

hhm, yes. but the DJI Go 4 app is the only one active while I fly, and I am in airplane mode as well to not have incoming calls.

[emoji880]

The fact that you are losing gauge readings as well as video suggests perhaps it's loss of signal, not just video. But if you are able to retain control of the Mavic with your controller, maybe the problem is just the link with the phone. Do all the gauges read N/A, e.g., altitude, distance, speed? The stated operating temperature range of the Mavic is 32 - 104 f, or 0 - 40 C, which means you were at the bottom edge of acceptable temperature. Having said that, I know many folks who have used their Mavics without problem below freezing. If possible, maybe try switching mobile phones and see if the problem persists. And, of course, downloading the logs may give some insight.

hi,

and thanks for the feedback.

next flight I’ll do a screen recording. as far as I can recall from today, all other gauges are there while this happens, just camera goes to N/A. the cable could as well be an issue, yes.

right about the low temps. I know its at the bottom limit so hat’s off to the MP.

In the moment I don’t have an extra phone to switch.

Never mind - I see you posted iPhone 8. I'm an Android guy. No help here :~(

no prob. I had a Nexus 7 2nd Gen. once but sold it (me Idiot, would be great now for flying).

however before starting DJI GO 4 I always kill all other apps. but so far 8Plus has been reliable and nice to fly.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Check your remote controller cable connections - especially where the cable connects to (the side body of) the remote controller. When this happened to me, I found that unplugging, then (firmly) replugging that cable fixed the problem for me.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead