DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recommend me a Mavic Air case .

Gorhell

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

Would need some recommendation on what cases should I get. I have Mavic Air with controller,2 batteries,charger,USB, ND filters and extra props and I would like a case to fit them all that is small and compact that can also fit in a backpack. Since while traveling it's best to put it in yung hand carry. Backpack looks like this:

grifi32c3-front.jpg

7794_1_P.jpg

Any recommendations? right now my options is the PolarPro Minimalist but I saw bad reviews in Amazon, I also think the bag that comes in FMC one is great but I think its too bulky.

Hi Everyone,

Would need some recommendation on what cases should I get. I have Mavic Air with controller,2 batteries,charger,USB, ND filters and extra props and I would like a case to fit them all that is small and compact that can also fit in a backpack. Since while traveling it's best to put it in yung hand carry.
Any recommendations? right now my options is the PolarPro Minimalist but I saw bad reviews in Amazon, I also think the bag that comes in FMC one is great but I think its too bulky.
Have you already tried the FMC bag? I would say it will be quite hard to get something more compact than that one for the stuff you mention. Because you are not planning on having the actual drone in separate case?

The PP Minimalist is a bit strange. It is compact but I have never used it for real because it's too much work using it. Personally I want it to be easy to set up and fly and also pack everything away afterwards.

PgyTech have a small semi-hard case that might work. Not sure if the charger will fit. Have to try before promising anything. And I'm not sure it takes less space in your backpack than the FMC case. It depends on on how your backpack is planned inside.

When using a backpack I sometimes use the little DJI drone case + a controller case (there are several similar ones, for example Kingwon) + a 2 pack LiPo battery pack sleeve + another little padded case for other stuff instead of trying to put everything in one case. More zippers to open but the result is easy to pack in the backpack.

The aim would be to pack things as many as possible into the backpack. For example if I'm travelling. I want to bring my drone and the same time. Personal stuffs like clothes and other items into one backpack and also bring the drone with me along with it's accessories.

If I read post number one correctly, I got the impression the op is looking for a containment device to carry his flying camera in a backpack that will carry it, the flying camera, AND other articles for his travels. Am I missing something?

I have Mavic Air with controller,2 batteries,charger,USB, ND filters and extra props and I would like a case to fit them all that is small and compact that can also fit in a backpack.
How about something like this Hermitshell travel case?

1547347224806.png

You can find some other cases that might work for you here.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Peak Deign Everyday Sling 5L is purpose built for Mavic Air carry in mind. I have not found a better bag and I have tried many.

Hey man I was going through the same issue your going through right now which is trying to find a good backpack for the Mavic Air. It seems that most/all backpacks out there are made for the Mavic Pro [emoji53][emoji849]. But I just bought the Lowepro DroneGuard BP250 because I felt it was the most versatile backpack/case for the Mavic Air because of its ability to easily change storage space with the Velcro dividers!!

The aim would be to pack things as many as possible into the backpack. For example if I'm travelling. I want to bring my drone and the same time. Personal stuffs like clothes and other items into one backpack and also bring the drone with me along with it's accessories.
OK, I tried packing the things you mentioned (except filters as I don't know what you have). The PgyTech bag might work for you but I'm not really sure you can call it smaller than the FMC bag. It's different. Look at the pictures and you decide.

The case is meant to leave space for the controller sticks to be mounted on the RC and it does even with the charger and an AC cable in the case. But I might consider removing the sticks to create more space above the separating lid.

https://www.pgy-tech.com/carrying-case-for-mavic-air

As you see in PgyTechs pictures the have quite lot of stuff above the lid and still have the control sticks mounted. Personally I hate when a case or bag I use is too tightly packed. Things might fall out when you open and it's tricky to pack everything correctly in the field.

1873be604d0c40e900a1d738ce88e3b0.jpg
5f7cf5a4c8782e0f9569c1c0dd879e4c.jpg
945eb0798791e92bb6fe24bbd977eb88.jpg
d81459d7e0bb7f8f9726b2a4c9f114a4.jpg
4abc6e2f9e18baace71b3d299e012fa5.jpg

I think I might be getting the PGYTech in the end. Thanks for the effort. PGYTech is much more ideal and the drone is secure here than the Travel bag of DJI. Since I will be adding other stuff and I really don't like the DJI Travel Bag.

Hey man I was going through the same issue your going through right now which is trying to find a good backpack for the Mavic Air. It seems that most/all backpacks out there are made for the Mavic Pro [emoji53][emoji849]. But I just bought the Lowepro DroneGuard BP250 because I felt it was the most versatile backpack/case for the Mavic Air because of its ability to easily change storage space with the Velcro dividers!!

Just received the same case, fits everything I need.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msporting