DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recording IPhone screen during flight-

SoCal_Mavic

Reactions
I've seen a number of Youtube videos that show screen records during flight but I've had zero luck finding any apps that allow this function.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Reactions: TakMavic
Android OS has them available

Litchi has a screen recorder. However, you will have to use the app to fly with as well. For android users I recommend Mobizen.

Reactions: jointeffort
Huh I thought the IOS app recording stored on the phone already has the Nav info layered into the video at 720P or 1080P.

Reactions: farmboy999
Huh I thought the IOS app recording stored on the phone already has the Nav info layered into the video at 720P or 1080P.

Thanks for responses guys- below is example of what I'm looking for-I think what you may be referring to is the next photo I will attach which I did pull from my DJI Go App

Thanks Again-

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 9.06.14 PM.png IMG_2929.jpg

I don't use IOS, but I've heard that Airshou is good. You can't install it through the App Store (screen recording apps are banned) so you have to install it some special way. I believe if you visit their website using Safari on your device, you'll be able to install it fairly easily.

Reactions: farmboy999
Coolpixel is another pay for app in the IOS App Store. It does work and you can record any screen including the go app flight session.

You can't install it through the App Store (screen recording apps are banned) so you have to install it some special way.

I'm not sure I understand the rationale - is it security or copyright? I use Android and iPad. The iPad is Jailbroken so I suppose I could find something.

I'm not sure I understand the rationale - is it security or copyright? I use Android and iPad. The iPad is Jailbroken so I suppose I could find something.

It's security. The app could be streaming back your screen to some server in Russia or China. If you have it open and even if it not recording it may be streaming. It could just wait on you to open a website like Bank Of America or PayPal and then stream you putting in your password info.

Reactions: MarkEt
I'm using QuickTime to record the iPhone screen works perfectly however getting a second lightning port on my iPhone 7plus for the Mavic Pro controller is a problem have tried two different lightning y splitters none of them work (it's like data is never passed through they only charge) if anyone has a working solution for this PLEASE let me know.
Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: normr
I'm using QuickTime to record the iPhone screen works perfectly however getting a second lightning port on my iPhone 7plus for the Mavic Pro controller is a problem have tried two different lightning y splitters none of them work (it's like data is never passed through they only charge) if anyone has a working solution for this PLEASE let me know.
Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Splitting a lightning port will not work. The splitters you are using are designed so that only the power is split. It is for charging the iPhone from a charger while the other device is receiving video data etc. You can split the power but you cannot split the Data Lines.

Rob

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkEt
Splitting a lightning port will not work. The splitters you are using are designed so that only the power is split. It is for charging the iPhone from a charger while the other device is receiving video etc. You can split the power but you cannot split the Data Lines.

Rob

Hey Robby. I use a Mac software called AirServer. Then I connect the MacBook to my iPhone using HotSpot. Finally I AirPlay from iPhone to MacBook during flight. Voila!

I am using this app with latest iOS 10.2.1.

The problem with these kinds of apps is that they use temporary certificates. Once a certain amount of time passes the certificate expires permanently and from what I hear you can no longer access the App or the Photos in the folder.

Second problem is that there is no way to tell if these things are streaming out your camera and your screen shots to some hacker in China. The fact that it turns on AirPlay, sends off all sorts of red flags for me.

Too bad CoolPixel was a bust. At least it did the job without turning on Airplay, the menus are in English and the guy was selling it so I could see the motivation factor. Why he made the video on the paid version self destruct into pixels as the recording went past 2 minutes is beyond me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cutaway
Hey Robby. I use a Mac software called AirServer. Then I connect the MacBook to my iPhone using HotSpot. Finally I AirPlay from iPhone to MacBook during flight. Voila!

Hi Cutaway, thanks but unfortunately I don't have a MacBook :(

Rob

YES that ended up being my solution and it works perfectly airplay mirroring of my iPhone to my iMac I use a program called Reflector 2 for super easy recording. If I'm not on my home network I can connect iPhone and MacBook to my iPad hotspot and accomplish the same thing anywhere.

Reflector 2 | Wireless mirroring & streaming for Android, iOS & Chromebooks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78