DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recording IPhone screen during flight-

I'm using QuickTime to record the iPhone screen works perfectly however getting a second lightning port on my iPhone 7plus for the Mavic Pro controller is a problem have tried two different lightning y splitters none of them work (it's like data is never passed through they only charge) if anyone has a working solution for this PLEASE let me know.
Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Can you explain how you do the QuickTime copy
Do you need to have a computer connected

The latest Go app 5 allows you to use both controller connections so presumably that solves the splitter issue

Do not despair! AirServer runs on Windows (PC) and can connect to iPhone and Android (Google Cast)

Any chance it can Airplay from an iPhone to an iPad?
I am typically hiking far away and carrying a Laptop is difficult, but I could carry an iPad.

Rob

Reactions: Cutaway
I am typically hiking far away and carrying a Laptop is difficult, but I could carry an iPad.

Rob
Sorry mate. AirPlay (made by Apple) does not display to iOS devices and allow recording. Not that I know of. So only remaining option is to use "rogue" apps like Airshou. This one doesn't require your iOS to be jailbroken. Others require jailbreak. All of fuss because Apple does not allow it.

I don't feel comfortable with them. Maybe cuz I've watched too many shows like 24. ;-)

Reactions: Robbyg

Rob
I don't believe Apple allows any Airplay receiver apps, either. If you have an Android device you could record to, there are some Airserver type apps, but I haven't tried them personally, yet.

I have AirShou but was not very happy with the result. What I have learned, however is that Litchi, Autopilot and DJI apps use a lot of CPU resources and you might have noticed that your device can get hot. Using AirShou uses even more resources. And that might not be wise

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piggybank292003