DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Regular or RE

Per the DJI Goggles RE FAQ, here are the differences between the DJI Goggles and the DJI Goggles Racing Edition:
  • DJI Goggles RE has restructured the radio communication strategy and video decoding algorithm to lower transmission latency to 50 ms* (with wireless transmission latency of less than 10 ms), ensuring smooth and reliable video transmission and avoiding video lag and disconnection from the digital video transmission system when operating in a normal environment.

Does this reduced latency of the RD goggles also apply if I simply fly my Mavic Pro? Or does it only apply to the new separate camera?

Somehow, the marketing bla-bla is not very clear on this point.

I somehow doubt it. They only release the vital parts, such as their engine and FPV module. But when it comes to an actual flight controller, and PDBs, there are already so many to choose from.

Oh ye of little faith, I’m definitely with msinger on this! As I’m sure that both he and I have been around before DJI was even in business! And he’s right, DJI has motives behind what they do, and look they’ve come out with their racing drone! By the way the RE edition goggles are WaY more versatile than the white edition goggles!!! I’ve yet to find a down side to the RE set! AND I get to watch movies VR games etc! White ones cannot do this without hacking the goggles and installing analog receivers etc! Well my RE edition goggles are already setup! And seriously they are beautiful! And for only 100 bucks more!!! No regrets here my friend!!!

Reactions: Johnnyaibo
Oh ye of little faith, I’m definitely with msinger on this! As I’m sure that both he and I have been around before DJI was even in business! And he’s right, DJI has motives behind what they do, and look they’ve come out with their racing drone! By the way the RE edition goggles are WaY more versatile than the white edition goggles!!! I’ve yet to find a down side to the RE set! AND I get to watch movies VR games etc! White ones cannot do this without hacking the goggles and installing analog receivers etc! Well my RE edition goggles are already setup! And seriously they are beautiful! And for only 100 bucks more!!! No regrets here my friend!!!

That’s BS man. The white goggles can watch movies and play games without ANY hacking. Not sure where you are getting that info or why you are spreading it around for that matter...Really the only thing they can’t do is be used for non-DJI drones, in which I already have FPV set ups for my racing drones. The White Goggles will be used for DJI drones only.

Reactions: Kilrah
Depending on what your curent setup is you might find them to be a nice upgrade.

The good thing about the RE edition is I can watch movies, and VR games etc not to mention how a 360 degree pano looks while wearing the goggles! With the white set you can only fly FPV . So yes the white set will do great for FPV but if you want anything extra you’ll have to buy the Racing Edition. For a hundred extra you have more options! I personally choose the Racing Edition for everything else I can do with them! But to each their own.

That’s BS man. The white goggles can watch movies and play games without ANY hacking. Not sure where you are getting that info or why you are spreading it around for that matter...Really the only thing they can’t do is be used for non-DJI drones, in which I already have FPV set ups for my racing drones. The White Goggles will be used for DJI drones only.

Uhhh they CAN be used with other drones,,, where is YOUR info coming from eh? LoL

I’m talking about the White goggles....What other drones can they be used with?

Bottom line, unless you are looking to use the goggles with non DJI drones there is nothing major the RE goggles can do, that the White ones can’t...

For the most part yes. The number one thing we've been hearing from people choosing the Racing Edition Goggles over the Regular DJI Goggles is the color and RED leather. Particularly Inspire 2 owners looking to add Goggles. It's just like the Obsidian Edition of the Phantom, the color created a lot of buzz.

Reactions: Neebles
Reactions: Advexure
So let's clear things up so people know exactly what the difference is between the two.
RE:
  1. They are space grey and red, and totally cool to look at.
  2. They support analog FPV signals at 5.8GHz.
  3. They support digital FPV signals at 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz.
  4. They support DJI drones for FPV flying.
  5. They support panorama view.
  6. They support external MP4 videos that were not recorded from the drone.
  7. They have about 50-70 ms latency.
  8. They support RC inputs from RC TXs that have a trainers port.
  9. More recording options for FPV flying.
Regular:
  1. They are white and glossy, and totally blinding to look at in the sun.
  2. They do not support analog FPV signals.
  3. They do not support digital FPV signals.
  4. They support DJI drones for FPV flying.
  5. They support panorama view with the latest FW.
  6. They do not support external MP4's especially if they have audio.
  7. They have a 110-190 ms latency.
  8. They do not support a master/slave setup.
  9. Standard recording options, none which save to the SD card locally.

Reactions: Advexure
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark