DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID update

You are right, but the bottom line is that if you fly without remote id and get caught, you will be in a world of chaos. That was my point, I remember now, there are no such things as hack, the correct word is modified, thanks for the correction.

Well the hacking of the drone is actually not currently illegal, no more so than having a home built rig that you can add a module to later. Just because it's hacked doesn't mean you can just ignore the rules. So not even sure what you mean by "worse yet".

Disabling or not not upgrading to support remote id by Sept 2023 and using for commercial purposes yea... That would be bad. But if Drone-hack manages to exploit the latest firmware and allows for all the same hacks but retain remote id, it would still be perfectly legal (so as long as you operate within regulation). You just wouldn't have any warranty or care refresh.
I agree and I was referring to drones weighting over 0.55lbs. I forgot that small detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LoudThunder
You are right, but the bottom line is that if you fly without remote id and get caught, you will be in a world of chaos. That was my point, I remember now, there are no such things as hack, the correct word is modified, thanks for the correction.
I imagine there will be a lot of "civil disobedience" about it, but if you're doing it commercially there's really no excuse.

Curious log entry in your Airdata notifications. I upgraded to the new firmware last week on my Mavic 3. I checked all of my recent Airdata logs since the upgrade including 5 flights yesterday and don't see any messages resembling the screen capture shown above or any reference to RID.
Check the notification section, is there.

• Wow
Check the notification section, is there.
Yes - in version v01.00.0900. Those notifications were not present when I was running v01.00.0800 which was the newest update for a Mavic 3 as of when this thread was started.

DJI fired up RID on the Mavic Air 2s platform one version ahead of when they started it for the Mavic 3.

• Wow
eID/RID is going to be promoted, don't doubt that, as the objective is that everyone acts like a cop.

For example, in Spain there's about 85 patrols with Aeroscope systems (about 5Km range) in all the country. When eID/RID becomes available in Europe, apps like "Drone Scanner" will be promoted on TV, and you'll have 40 million potential Aeroscopes and cop wannabes.

See a drone flying nearby, search on the Drone Scanner app and call the cops, or search the pilot's location and go yourself to harass the pilot because obviously, he is "spying" you from 200m away.

Every seasoned drone pilot has had encounters with Karens/Kens without RID, just by seeing the drone nearby, it's a common thing in the hobby; now you'll just get harassed every single time by idiots from more than 1Km away.

And last but not least, drones are expensive stuff. That 3.000 or 5.000€ Mavic 3 flying in the middle of nowhere screaming all around "come and rob me" is not going to last very long.

According to Mile High Drone Services, here in Colorado, none of those apps are tracking due to protocols. I tried them myself on all my drones and nothing. One thing I can tell you certanly, RID is on and trasmitting on Mavic 3, Air 2s, and Mini 3. Once I get my reciever I will post a video for non-believers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito