DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID update

I need to update my comments about RID on my Mavic 3 above (#5) - when I wrote that I had just updated to v01.00.0800 and my Airdata logs showed no info about RID. After updating again this last week to v01.00.0900 I do have the RID initiation messages:

Screenshot 2022-11-06 at 12.42.25 PM.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
I need to update my comments about RID on my Mavic 3 above (#5) - when I wrote that I had just updated to v01.00.0800 and my Airdata logs showed no info about RID. After updating again this last week to v01.00.0900 I do have the RID initiation messages:

View attachment 156839
Is if just going to flood the logs with other than initial notice and error?

guess I'm gonna become an outlaw I will not pay 300 for an rid mod. That ridiculous
I am not paying that amount either,I have an air 2 and it looks like I will have to stick a piece of
crap on top of my drone to broadcast RID, as i t so far is not compliant.
Thank you for destroying a great hobby for us.

• Wow
How and where are BVLOS waivers suppose to be gotten.
This is about 2 years old so some little things may have changed, but it's my understanding that getting a BVLOS waiver isn't an easy task and not going to be anything like a standard LAANC request (and definitely not something they grant for recreational purposes).

A Part 107 BVLOS waiver is notoriously difficult to get. In fact, over 99% of BVLOS waiver applications have been rejected by the FAA, according to a 2018 PrecisionHawk analysis of Part 107 data.

View attachment 156839
I just signed up for air data, thanks to my premium subscription, and my Mavic 3, air 2s, and mini 3 are showing the same.

Curious log entry in your Airdata notifications. I upgraded to the new firmware last week on my Mavic 3. I checked all of my recent Airdata logs since the upgrade including 5 flights yesterday and don't see any messages resembling the screen capture shown above or any reference to RID.
Go to the notification section and you will see it. I checked my drone's data and is there (Air 2s. Mini 3 pro, Mavic 3)

Go to the notification section and you will see it. I checked my drone's data and is there (Air 2s. Mini 3 pro, Mavic 3)
See post #21 above - the upgrade to v01.00.0900 changed my original reply to this thread. I had no messages or info pertaining to RID with my Mavic 3 after the v01.00.0800 update.

• Wow
See post #21 above - the upgrade to v01.00.0900 changed my original reply to this thread. I had no messages or info pertaining to RID with my Mavic 3 after the v01.00.0800 update.
If you go to the notification section of air data and click you will find that table. It took me a while to figure out.

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    216.3 KB · Views: 7
Both the latest M3 and Air2S firmware updates make the drone emit RID/eID as soon as you start the motors. I will skip all the updates from now on till it gets hacked.

Last edited:
Why would you even think of that? The civil penalties for flying a commercial rig without first obtaining a remote pilot’s certificate from the FAA are up to $32,666 for each incidence. Imagine flying without remote id and worse yet, with a hacked drone. And why you even mentioned that in the forum bro? The definition of a secret is that only you and you know about it. Just be careful what you post, just a friendly advice. Don't take it personal.
In my opinion, I think remote id is overrated. Let's s say you are going to fly your drone in a remote location, you have a nasty fall, and your phone gets busted, and you are not able to walk. Well, they can find you using your drone location or remote location providing that you told your loved ones where you were going. Moreover, the non-drone owner's population have no idea of remote id, just like us man have no clue of women's hair product unless you are a hair stylist. I think remote id will keep all those nuts out there in check. You still have idiots flying drones into stadiums and doing all kinds of crazy stuff out there, giving us, responsible pilots, a bad reputation.
Perfect example, my brother came to visit, and I took him and his spouse to Look Out Mountain at Golden, here in Colorado. At the parking lot there was this idiot flying an old Phantom showing off, he was flying over people trying to impress his auto club that he was part of it. This moron was flying like 10 feet over the whole parking lot. He was lucky a park ranger was not there; he was facing a $5,000 fine and 6 months incarceration for being an idiot. In other words, it is not worth it bro, those are my two cents, you do whatever you can handle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you even think of that? The civil penalties for flying a commercial rig without first obtaining a remote pilot’s certificate from the FAA are up to $32,666 for each incidence. Imagine flying without remote id and worse yet, with a hacked drone. And why you even mentioned that in the forum bro? The definition of a secret is that only you and you know about it. Just be careful what you post, just a friendly advice. Don't take it personal.
Well the hacking of the drone is actually not currently illegal, no more so than having a home built rig that you can add a module to later. Just because it's hacked doesn't mean you can just ignore the rules. So not even sure what you mean by "worse yet".

Disabling or not not upgrading to support remote id by Sept 2023 and using for commercial purposes yea... That would be bad. But if Drone-hack manages to exploit the latest firmware and allows for all the same hacks but retain remote id, it would still be perfectly legal (so as long as you operate within regulation). You just wouldn't have any warranty or care refresh.

Well the hacking of the drone is actually not currently illegal, no more so than having a home built rig that you can add a module to later. Just because it's hacked doesn't mean you can just ignore the rules. So not even sure what you mean by "worse yet".

Disabling or not not upgrading to support remote id by Sept 2023 and using for commercial purposes yea... That would be bad. But if Drone-hack manages to exploit the latest firmware and allows for all the same hacks but retain remote id, it would still be perfectly legal (so as long as you operate within regulation). You just wouldn't have any warranty or care refresh.

• Wow

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15