DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID

Below is a photo of my display as I turned on some RID settings yesterday. It is time to renew registration with FAA and it asked the question if my drone broadcasts an ID. I didn't think that was in the cards yet, but it does show an ID, with no flight information as I was hovering. Does this actually mean anything or is it just a "place holder" until things actually go live? Interestingly, the ID shown is the name the drone is registered with, but with a letter missing.
It's DJIs RID. Only visible to intercepted traffic using aeroscope. It hasn't been ruled by FAA either way, but there is a possibility that they could make a few changes to their software defined radio to be compliant.

Reactions: aneal321
It's DJIs RID. Only visible to intercepted traffic using aeroscope. It hasn't been ruled by FAA either way, but there is a possibility that they could make a few changes to their software defined radio to be compliant.
Thanks for that information, lookout. Good to know. Maybe one day they will make our lives easier.

The FAA has a website listing drones that are in compliance with the RID standard. It's empty now. Should be interesting to watch as the September deadline approaches

Also the only way someone is going to be able to use the RID signal is via an app on their smartphone, and no one has even developed any RID reader apps yet.
it's 11 days till the deadline and the compliance list is still empty

Does anybody know did Remote ID obligation come to all DJI drones ? I'm living in Türkiye and have a Mini 2 that i bought in August 2022. Will i experience any effect of this obligation ? It should be highly bad whenever goverment is watching you..

Does anybody know did Remote ID obligation come to all DJI drones ? I'm living in Türkiye and have a Mini 2 that i bought in August 2022. Will i experience any effect of this obligation ? It should be highly bad whenever goverment is watching you..
If it's under half a pound you wouldn't need registration or rid in most countries, unless you go commercial or whatever other trigger requires you to now require it.

Doesn't look like dji has taken too much interest in getting the older birds on the list. Just their latest ones.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev