DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repair or refresh?

BobG

Reactions
I crashed my DJI Mini 2 grown I have sent it back to DGI they have sent me a quotation of $138 the parrot or $49 to refresh care. My question is the decision seems to be obvious but something seems funny why would they want 138 repair but they’ll let me have a new one or a used one for $49. If I understand everything I read I want to go to the $49 route does anyone agree?

Hello from the Crossroads of America BobG.

I've had the refresh on my Spark but never used it and I currently have it on the MA2.

I think DJI is giving you the option to pay for the repair and not have to use one of the refresh tickets should something worse happens later and more expensive to repair.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

I had refresh on my Mavic Pro apart from a few scrapes on the props didn't use it, I would like to know the percentage of people who have taken it out, and never had the need to use it.
I am led to believe you would receive a refurbished as new product if the drone was beyond economical repair,
These replacements would be in new or as new equivalent, I did not bother with Refresh on the Mavic 2 Pro,
As I understand Dji offer a comprehensive cost affective repair program for individuals who do not have refresh.

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and view of the world. I have the refresh on all my DJI aircraft. I've had to use it twice, once on my MA and the other on my MM. Both times, the service was exceptional. Timely responses to emails, updates on progress and with 7-10 days, I had a new (refurb) replacement.

Welcome to the forum! I purchased refresh care with my mini 2. I'd probably go with the refresh care since that is the cheaper route. While wouldn't really want a refurbished unit, I'd also be a bit leery on repair. Read a lot of posts where they had their drone repaired and it never operated the same afterwards.

I crashed my M2P and sent it back to DJI. They gave me the option of repair ($91) or replace using Care Refresh ($119). I chose repair and paid $91, but they sent me a replacement anyway!

Reactions: Steel63

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian