DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return to Home BEEP BEEP BEEP

You can reduce the beep sound volume by simply putting a resistor in serial with the buzzer. I don't know of how many ohms but it's easy to try. (I'm still waiting my Mavic) And your controller will still look unmodded.

Sent from my A0001 using MavicPilots mobile app

You can also reduce the volume by burying the controller in loose soil or sand. :)

Remember that your map shows the orientation of your Mavic, so in the future you can use that to guide it back to you.

I was going to say the exact same thing. The first thing to do when you lose sight of it is to immediately refer to your telemetry and use it to return home. It is something I really had to break myself of when I flew my Phantom.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

+1000 on the annoyance factor. Did someone start a thread at the DJI forums or not? Not only does the beeping annoy me, but it gets my 2 and 3yo kids running around in the backyard screaming BEEEEEP BEEEEP... and my neighbors, I'm sure appreciate all of it.

I'm so doing this over the long weekend.

Did you just rip it off or de-solder it?

Did you just rip it off or de-solder it?

I tried to use some ribbon to desolder but I ended up just wiggling it off slowly while heating. It's pretty close to other components so I didn't want to spend too much time attempting to desolder.

Take some pictures along the way to aid reassembly. Getting the first panel off is a real pain, but once that's off the rest doesn't take much force.

Clean your screen before reassembly :)

Expect a stick error when rebooting. Recalibrate and that goes away.

Sounds good, yeah that first panel looked like a PITA in the video that was posted.

I'll get some pics to hopefully make it go back together in one piece!

Had the same issue with a toaster oven, snapped the thing off the board, done. But it's not a flying object, so a lower volume is probably the best solution...

Couldnt you just put some duct tape or foam on the opening of the buzzer to make it MUCH less annoying and still keep warranty ?
And: if so i guess you dont have to take THAT much apart, right ?

Ender

Problem is that its a buzzer so its loud or silent, not much in between.
They could go with very short pulses to produce some non-beeping sound effects like in the old TRS-80 Radioshack days :)

MUTE would be fine for me but they HAVE to do something against it.

Ender

Couldnt you just put some duct tape or foam on the opening of the buzzer to make it MUCH less annoying and still keep warranty ?
And: if so i guess you dont have to take THAT much apart, right ?

Ender

Hi Ender,

Not the way to go, you will block the airflow of the onboard fan and be prone to overheating.

Looks like we all must do a hardware mod to silence this anoying beeep!

Hi Crusader,
i didnt mean to put it in the outside but in the hole of the Beeper directly or on top of it.
I wonder how far one would have to take apart the Tx for that task...

Ender

Hi Crusader,
i didnt mean to put it in the outside but in the hole of the Beeper directly or on top of it.
I wonder how far one would have to take apart the Tx for that task...

Ender

Ok, sorry i misunderstood you.
I think you have a point on the warranty issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag