DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH Altitude set at 98ft

tooFLYforayoungGUY

Reactions
I have flown my MP in several states and locations within each state, but no matter where I am my RTH altitude always sets at 98 ft.

Never used RTH so I can't say whether it works or not, but wanted to see if anyone else has this issue.

98 feet is the default RTH altitude setting. Did you try resetting it in DJI GO while it was connected to your Mavic?

Reactions: tooFLYforayoungGUY
Ah, well, that explains what's happening. That setting will remain at 30 meters until you change it in DJI GO. You can find it here:

DJI-GO-RTH-Altitude.jpg

It's a good idea to set/check this setting before each flight. Set it to the tallest obstacle above the takeoff point and add another ~50 feet to allow for any error in the current altitude. The IMU estimates the current altitude, so it's not uncommon for it to be off by 10-20 feet.

in several states and locations within each state

Just in case that's not clear to you, the RTH altitude (and all Mavic altitude readings) are measured as height above the takeoff location. Thus it will be 98 feet above your feet from the beach, or 98 feet above your feet from the mountaintop, wherever you take off. It does not matter what state or country you're in.

You are talking in feet, but it says meters. Do you enter everything in meters, even if you have your settings set to Imperial?

No, all* of the fields in the software will follow your preferred units. If you specify metric, you enter metric numbers and metric numbers will be displayed.

(There is a bug with the historical statistics, where it labels your top speed with the wrong units calculation.)

No, all* of the fields in the software will follow your preferred units. If you specify metric, you enter metric numbers and metric numbers will be displayed.
The "Return-to-Home Altitude" and "Set Max Flight Altitude" settings must always be set in meters.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter