DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH and map malfunction resulting in crash

How many people are having issues with Fixed wing and sport mode errors?

• yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Going out of town the 11th of may and wanted to take my MP with me. UPS picked the MP up today headed for repair/replacement. What is the turn around time? I live in Florida. I wonder if you can just buy a new MP without the controller? That way I would have to take on my trip. What would the cost be for just the MP with no extras or remote?

This is exactly what I have concluded with also. IMO RTH is extremely reliable if used correctly.

An other aspect I don't understand in this case, is why the Mavic continued full speed forward while auto landing.

The manual states:
The aircraft will land automatically if the current battery level can only support the aircraft long enough
to descend from its current altitude. The user can still use the remote controller to alter the aircraft’s
orientation during the landing process.

IMO this would mean that you can spin/turn the Mavic around while auto landing, but not move forward/backward/sideways.
In this case, did sport mode override this? Or was it due to the Mavic going into auto landing while full forward was was applied?
I can not figure that out either. No one has a good answer. The conclusion must be that sports mode negates auto land. Or I need to attempt altitude adjustment for auto land to engage.

Going out of town the 11th of may and wanted to take my MP with me. UPS picked the MP up today headed for repair/replacement. What is the turn around time? I live in Florida. I wonder if you can just buy a new MP without the controller? That way I would have to take on my trip. What would the cost be for just the MP with no extras or remote?

From what I heard at least a month

Mavic going into auto landing while full-forward was applied. Is my guess. Had I attempted to adjust the altitude, that may have activated the auto land. I have not found a real answer to that yet.

Just out of curiosity, have you seen any cases where RTH failed? Sure Mavics have crashed during RTH, but in the cases I have seen this is due to RTH-height beeing set wrong or other user error.
All failures could be attributed to pilot error.

Turn around is about 4-6 weeks.

if you want to buy a Mavic Pro without a remote you can get them here.

DJI Mavic PRO Quadcopter Drone (Without Remote), 1 Battery, 16gb Micro $749, but could be a problem getting it delivered in time...

Thanks for the info. They quote a 15 to 20 business day time frame. I might as well wait for my replacement care refresh agreement. I can buy one on Amazon for 999.99 and get by Sunday the 30th. I can not see spending $250. more for a remote that I don't need

Thanks for the info. They quote a 15 to 20 business day time frame. I might as well wait for my replacement care refresh agreement. I can buy one on Amazon for 999.99 and get by Sunday the 30th. I can not see spending $250. more for a remote that I don't need

Alternatively you can just buy the complete package and sell the RC. I hear the complete package ships quickly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman