DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sam Favret freeride video

Very nicely shot and edited.
Some of that scenery, wow . . . 3:00 run, the lift and infrastructure at the top shortly following, think a 2 way chairlift would be fine for me on that one :)

Love the opening rear mounted camera views, this is done a lot on traditional FPV drones, but more are doing this for consumer drone work too, with stripped down (naked) gopros, gopro max, or the insta 360 type.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
Very nicely shot and edited.
Some of that scenery, wow . . . 3:00 run, the lift and infrastructure at the top shortly following, think a 2 way chairlift would be fine for me on that one :)

Love the opening rear mounted camera views, this is done a lot on traditional FPV drones, but more are doing this for consumer drone work too, with stripped down (naked) gopros, gopro max, or the insta 360 type.
That is the Aiguille du Midi top station, below Mont Blanc . It provides access to the Vallé Blanche ski descent back to Chamonix and a cable car system over to Italy. Beautiful place.

I wonder how they get water and power/heat up to those buildings around 3:42?

No shortage of water up there.
Ahh, run a power cable up along/via the cable car pylons?
Just imagining "Here Jimmy, just nip out and bring in a couple of buckets of snow, we need some tea" lol.

Reactions: sar104
That is the Aiguille du Midi top station, below Mont Blanc . It provides access to the Vallé Blanche ski descent back to Chamonix and a cable car system over to Italy. Beautiful place.

It certainly would be very picturesque at any time of year.
Got to admire the dedication of the skiers, lugging up their gear, step plugging up for perhaps an hour to get a few minutes run down.

Wow! If I tried, I’d run out of superlatives trying to describe this. Great video and editing. As a skier, I loved it. As a drone enthusiast, I loved it. And putting it all together, wow!

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
The video is obviously incredible but the ski dudes were beyond description. My palms sweat just watching them.

WOW! Not being a snow skier, could he have been in some trouble from a possible avalanche? I saw some snow falling behind him at times.

WOW! Not being a snow skier, could he have been in some trouble from a possible avalanche? I saw some snow falling behind him at times.
Many of those slopes were the right gradient to slide, but I'm sure that they dug plenty of pits and tested the snowpack before skiing. Those little slides that you saw were just snow sloughing behind him - nothing to worry about.

There was some scary good shots there, thanks for sharing.
Regards

Many of those slopes were the right gradient to slide, but I'm sure that they dug plenty of pits and tested the snowpack before skiing. Those little slides that you saw were just snow sloughing behind him - nothing to worry about.
I’d be looking over my shoulders a LOT! 😎

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead