DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung S2 Galaxy Tablet

My Samsung S2 9.7 tablet works great with the Mavic. I got an adapter bracket that holds the tablet above the controller, with plenty of space for my hands. I can see both screens easily and it even has a place to clip on a lanyard so the whole setup isn't unwieldy.

Mine too, no issues, ran the original GO app for then Phantom 3P, the P4P and now also the Mavic. NOw running the Go4 app.

A little pricey, but mine has worked great...

WHen you say you can't get it to work, can you be more specific?

Does the app start?
If it starts, does it connect to the aircraft?
If it connects to the aircraft what is it not doing?
... and so on.

Please tell us what it will and will not do so we can help you better :)

I also used the Go app with my Phantom 3 Advanced before using Mavic with Go4 app.

I still have the old Go app installed in the background (my Phantom 3 dropped from the sky after upgrading to latest firmware, but that's another story). All I did was clean out the DJI_RECORD folder and I never had a problem with Go4 on the S2.

Go 4 on my LG v20 phone however... That's a battle! It still crashes multiple times each flight, so I dare not use it.

I'll try to get some photos of my S2 tablet setup so you can see how it all goes together.

My S2 9.7 had both DJI Go4 and Litchi installed on it. It would only default to Go4. After reading about USB configs and startup procedures, still Go4 would be the default every time I restarted the S2. I deleted Go4 as I fly mostly with Litchi for way points. Now, when I restart the S2, with the proper procedure I'll get a rapid flashing statement asking me to set litchi as default and 'OK', which I tap only 'ok'. Eventually it connects and loads the app. Now, with very limited time since then it connects to Litchi every time with the statement not flashing anymore. Have not reloaded Go4.
Flying with Litchi with the S2 I'm getting about a half sec lag and the screen gets pixelated. Had no problem on S7 Edge.

If you go into Application Manager in settings, open settings for DJI Go, Litchi, etc, you can remove the 'Open by Default' settings. Then when you turn on your remote the tablet will ask you which app to open. Hope this helps.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J