DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Galaxy Tab S2

Howdy All ... To re-state the obvious ...

I have a brand new Tab S2 8.0 T713, purpose bought for the Mavic. As soon as I connect I get multiple flashing of the OpSys about connecting the controller and which app do I want to run (whether DJI GO/GO-4/Litchi is installed singly, or in combination). The message disappears faster than I can click on it. When I run the apps (any app) it can't see the aircraft.

Developer ... USB Debug ... RDNIS/LAN setting ... Tablet powered down completely ... Aircraft/Controller powered and connected ... Connect Tab ... power up Tab ... Works Fine. At least until I disconnect and re-connect the Tab - then I'm in a world of hurt again.

This process (thanks VERY much to those above who worked it out!) will get me through, but I am going to chase down a T710 on eBay, and sell my T713 (anyone want a brand new Samsung Tab 2 8.0 Inc? Perfect for your new Mavic ... Errrr ...)

Once it's working, I'm impressed with the Tab 8.0 combined with the Mavic. Screen seems bright enough for outside use with a little shade (will start looking for a sunshade at some point) and I much prefer the flexibility of the Android operating system.

Ken
If you can I would hold out a little. The Tab S3 should be released in about a month :)Thumbswayup

Yeah, except that I'd have to wait until someone else purchases it and ensure that it works with the Mavic, and then make sure I get the same version number ... it's (almost) enough to make you go Cr@pple.

Well I am not an Apple fan at all but I do run a Mini 4 with my drones and must admit it is great :-(

Going to grab a Tab S3 when it come out anyway, if it works with DJI Go then it's a bonus I guess lol.

I have the T713 variant of the S2 8.0. I found this thread after failing to get my tablet to work.
For me, as long as the tablet is the last thing powered on it works great and is reliable. No developer mode, debug mode, menus settings, or tricks at all. Just turn it on last and fly.

Cheers!

I agree ... as long as the Galaxy Tab S2 ver T713 is the last to connect it works flawless. One anomaly with the Galaxy Tab S2 8 is that it is thinner and doesn't feel as secure as, say, my Nexus 6P. I fixed that by trimming and joined my unused Nexus protective case to fit lengthwise across the Galaxy.
Galaxy mount mod.jpg

I have the T713 variant of the S2 8.0. I found this thread after failing to get my tablet to work.
For me, as long as the tablet is the last thing powered on it works great and is reliable. No developer mode, debug mode, menus settings, or tricks at all. Just turn it on last and fly.

Cheers!
When you say turn it on last, do you mean open the app after connecting to the remote and Mavic which are both powered up or do you meant actually power on the tablet?

Yep .... it has to be "Powered Up" after the Controller is up. The battery seems indifferent. I was doing it 1st which was fine ... and now I do it last, which is fine.

Oh well just find a great deal like me from Walmart on the apple mini 4, 267.00 tax incl, free shipping. Turn around 4 days max. Reviews are great on folks purchase. Big thanks to everyone who tried to help me get my t713 known as the s2 tab to work. The screen on that new apple is far and away sharper and a no brainer to use.

Andrew Reeves N5

Oh well just find a great deal like me from Walmart on the apple mini 4, 267.00 tax incl, free shipping. Turn around 4 days max. Reviews are great on folks purchase. Big thanks to everyone who tried to help me get my t713 known as the s2 tab to work. The screen on that new apple is far and away sharper and a no brainer to use.

Andrew Reeves N5

Is that a refurb or new?

I have my usb settings to RNDIS (USB Ethernet) and USB debugging turned off. Wireless turned off and no default program using the usb. I think I may just return it and get an ipad mini (not happy with that).
Me too. Ive had it with tech that doesnt work. Try walmart, refurbished apple mini 4 for 267.00 16 gb delivered. Buy the lightning to sd card adapter for extra memory if needed or use apples icloud.

Andrew Reeves N5

Has anyone with a T713 Tab S2 8", upgraded their tablet firmware to most recent release this year? My tab keeps nagging me to update the firmware but I'm concerned it will make things go from okay to worse.
Specifically build Nov 30 2016 Build Number T713XXU2APK6 listed in "Settings" "About Device"

Last edited:
Has anyone with a T713 Tab S2 8", upgraded their tablet firmware to most recent release this year? My tab keeps nagging me to update the firmware but I'm concerned it will make things go from okay to worse.
Specifically build Nov 30 2016 Build Number T713XXU2APK6 listed in "Settings" "About Device"

Do you have the T713 model?

If you do then I'm sure the update won't do any harm. At the end of the day it's obviously a Samsung issue so it will be an update that cures it.

Hopefully someone else on here will have updated with a T713 model and they might reply.

I'm currently thinking of getting an S2 and hoping to go for the T713 model as its slightly better on performance.

I have that version and it works great. Follow the sequence for booting though. Controller 1 st, then the galaxy from OFF, then the battery.

Sent from my SM-T713 using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e