DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Galaxy Tab S2

Use a different cable. Sometimes tablets and phones just don't like certain cables. I would take the charge cable that came with the tablet and plug it into the USB port on the controller and see if that works.

Etc
Just finished reading thread. Definitely seems like a marshmallow bug. Surely USB debugging mode and some of the options in there are worth exploring. Just Google how to enable it.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MavicPilots mobile app

Use a different cable. Sometimes tablets and phones just don't like certain cables. I would take the charge cable that came with the tablet and plug it into the USB port on the controller and see if that works.

Etc
Just finished reading thread. Definitely seems like a marshmallow bug. Surely USB debugging mode and some of the options in there are worth exploring. Just Google how to enable it.

Absolutely do not use the DJI supplied cable with Type A and micro USB ends - for some reason it doesn't work with the Galaxy S2 tablet (although it does work for my Nexus 2013 and my Galaxy S7 phone).

You must use a "verified USB data cable" to make this work.
I've bought the following
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZFKVDP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and can now attest it works perfectly with the Galaxy S2 tablet and the RC and is compact with the correct angles to minimize any interference to handling.

Last edited:
Reactions: grizzard
Absolutely do not use the DJI supplied cable with Type A and micro USB ends - for some reason it doesn't work with the Galaxy S2 tablet (although it does work for my Nexus 2013 and my Galaxy S7 phone).

You must use a "verified USB data cable" to make this work.
I've bought the following
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZFKVDP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and can now attest it works perfectly with the Galaxy S2 tablet and the RC and is compact with the correct angles to minimize any interference to handling.
That is good to know .... Too bad DJi doesn't know that ...

Guys will the Dji Go4 app be stable enough on the Tab S2 T810 that I plan to use or should I use just the Dji Go app?
I remember somebody saying that the 4 version crashes continuously on the Tab S2.
Thoughts?

Guys will the Dji Go4 app be stable enough on the Tab S2 T810 that I plan to use or should I use just the Dji Go app?
I remember somebody saying that the 4 version crashes continuously on the Tab S2.
Thoughts?
I keep seeing a lot of people having good luck with the tab s2 (8") so I bought one and I've been working all day to get the controller and the tablet to connect with each other. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
I tried using different cables, I tried taking the wifi off, turning debugging on, uninstalling dji go 4 and reinstalling it. Is there a process I'm not following correctly or something????
It works fine with my galaxy note 3.
Please help!
All these problems with the S2, Glad I got the Nvidia Shield K1. Best Android Tablet out there!

Reactions: feno_thedon
Thoughts?
My S2 T710 (the 8 inch model) has worked flawlessly with GO4 and fits perfectly into the controller. The AMOLED display makes this tablet ideal for outdoors use.

Reactions: PaoloOne
My S2 T710 (the 8 inch model) has worked flawlessly with GO4 and fits perfectly into the controller. The AMOLED display makes this tablet ideal for outdoors use.
Thanks buddy, that is the reason why I'd prefer to use it too.
I've already a 3d printed mount, the one on etsy, but still eagerly waiting for the Mavic.
Do you have android 6.0.1?
Any particular USB setting /cable?

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
I cannot get my s2 to connect to my mavic. Not even once. Tried multiple cables and every sequence of starting it up and rebooting i could find online. Whenever i plug the s2 unto the controller the popup asking which app to launch comes on and off very fast over and over and over. Tablet shows me it is constantly switching from charge to mtp. Back and forth until i unplug the cable. Works great with my s7 edge phone however.

I cannot get my s2 to connect to my mavic. Not even once. Tried multiple cables and every sequence of starting it up and rebooting i could find online. Whenever i plug the s2 unto the controller the popup asking which app to launch comes on and off very fast over and over and over. Tablet shows me it is constantly switching from charge to mtp. Back and forth until i unplug the cable. Works great with my s7 edge phone however.

Sorry to hear that, I cannot test it yet but have you tried to put on NDIS and switch the tablet off, turn on the controller connect it via a reliable data USB cable and only then turn the tablet on (while already connected) ?

yes. Makes no difference . It just spazes out constantly as if i am unplugging/ replugging the controller. if i reboot while connected the crazy stuff stops but it stays on charge only mode. and still doesn't connect.

Sorry to hear that, I cannot test it yet but have you tried to put on NDIS and switch the tablet off, turn on the controller connect it via a reliable data USB cable and only then turn the tablet on (while already connected) ?

I’ve been using a Galaxy Tab S2 (T719) and it works great, BUT …, you have to power it up only AFTER connecting to the RC and turning it up previously. If you do that, it will recognize the RC as a USB Device and will work flawless, very fluid and stable.

Not following that sequence, and you get a constant connect/disconnect from the device.

It’s a known problem with the management of the USB connections by Android 6 or later, on several device models and apps.

Do you have developer options enabled, and if so, do you have any settings within that turned on for USB debugging. There is one setting called 'Verify apps via USB', which was enabled by default when I turned on dev options. That is what it seems like your tablet is doing. I had to turn off dev options to reset that setting back to Off. Not saying this is your problem, but it sounds like something to try.

I’ve been using a Galaxy Tab S2 (T719) and it works great, BUT …, you have to power it up only AFTER connecting to the RC and turning it up previously. If you do that, it will recognize the RC as a USB Device and will work flawless, very fluid and stable.

Not following that sequence, and you get a constant connect/disconnect from the device.

It’s a known problem with the management of the USB connections by Android 6 or later, on several device models and apps.
Just tried that. No dice.
Turned on mavic
Powered off s2 tablet
Turned on remote
Connected usb to s2
Turned on s2 tablet
Opened dji go 4 and no connection.
My model is T-713

Just today I decided to finally ditch all my Apple products and go to Android, and I had settled on the Samsung Tab S2 for my dedicated Mavic decice. These issues make me afraid to try it, though. Not being an Android guy I have two questions:

1) Assuming it will come with the latest firmware (6.x.x) and it gives me fits, can I revert back to an older firmware version with minimal trouble?

2) Can I operate the device using older firmware without alerts and buzzers and banners every six seconds telling me I must upgrade now? I absolutely hate that about Apple and is ultimately what made me ditch them.

Just tried that. No dice.
Turned on mavic
Powered off s2 tablet
Turned on remote
Connected usb to s2
Turned on s2 tablet
Opened dji go 4 and no connection.
My model is T-713

Update:

I factory defaulted the tablet and now it works using the method i described above. Something was messing with it apparently.

Actually i dont even need to do that much. I just turn on the mavic and the remote. Then plug usb to the tablet.(any order) Then just restart the tablet and it works everytime.

Last edited:
I have a 10" Tab S2 and this works fine with GO 4 without any issues. I am rarely using it for flying and prefer using my mobile with cardboard googles and Litchi, but if I will need access to all camera settings or the optional flight modes I prefer the Tab S2 over my mobile attached to the remote.

I have a 10" Tab S2 and this works fine with GO 4 without any issues. I am rarely using it for flying and prefer using my mobile with cardboard googles and Litchi, but if I will need access to all camera settings or the optional flight modes I prefer the Tab S2 over my mobile attached to the remote.
Is Litchi working while having also installed the GO4 app?
I've heard that at least certain versions conflict when installed on the same device, did you experience something like this?

No problem having both apps installed. But after closing one of the apps you will have to un- and re-plug the USB cable before starting the other app.

Howdy All ... To re-state the obvious ...

I have a brand new Tab S2 8.0 T713, purpose bought for the Mavic. As soon as I connect I get multiple flashing of the OpSys about connecting the controller and which app do I want to run (whether DJI GO/GO-4/Litchi is installed singly, or in combination). The message disappears faster than I can click on it. When I run the apps (any app) it can't see the aircraft.

Developer ... USB Debug ... RDNIS/LAN setting ... Tablet powered down completely ... Aircraft/Controller powered and connected ... Connect Tab ... power up Tab ... Works Fine. At least until I disconnect and re-connect the Tab - then I'm in a world of hurt again.

This process (thanks VERY much to those above who worked it out!) will get me through, but I am going to chase down a T710 on eBay, and sell my T713 (anyone want a brand new Samsung Tab 2 8.0 Inc? Perfect for your new Mavic ... Errrr ...)

Once it's working, I'm impressed with the Tab 8.0 combined with the Mavic. Screen seems bright enough for outside use with a little shade (will start looking for a sunshade at some point) and I much prefer the flexibility of the Android operating system.

Ken

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada