DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung S2 Tablet connect issues

andrew reeves

Reactions
I got a defective S2. Imagine that. Check it out in the two Youtube videos I shot quickly to show that the tablet can't connect to a brand new MP. One video shows the tab, the other shows the same company Samsung Note 5 phone connects just fine. Crazy huh?
Going back to Best Buy, sounds like my life.

Andrew Reeves N5

It's not defective, it's caused by Android 6 USB management issues.
You have to power up the tablet after the remote control, not just turn in on or run the app.
Just see this: Galaxy Tab S2
thanks for the help, doesn't work. tried developer mode, even got a new S2. nothing works to get the s2 to be used as a screen like my old apple mini 2. Anyone out there using the S2?

I'm using the S2 and it works fine.
But you really have to power it down, and not just turn off.
And I'm using the bottom USB port to connect to the tablet, not the side one (that must be disconnected before powering up the RC)

And I'm using the bottom USB port to connect to the tablet, not the side one (that must be disconnected before powering up the RC)
thanks i did that. even went to best buy and got a brand new S2 unit. tried the go 4 app and the old go app. still getting disconnected on the Mavic Pro go 4 app. Fat 0 any other suggestions. my Note 5 works get these tabs dont for some reason.

You say down down rather than not just turn it off. Sorry, but, what is the difference. Like cold and warm boot?

BTW, spoke with Samsung rep and they don't have a work around either. So, I asked him, there's plenty of people using the S2, why can't I get it to work. He said, " oh well ". Just another day of tech. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

To power down, you have to press the power button for 2 seconds, and then choose Power off (twice).
Then connect the cable to the RC bottom USB port and to the S2, power up the RC and only then, power up the tablet (power button for 3 seconds).
The RC left USB port must be free (no cable connected).
It works well with me if I do like that.

Thanks. Guess what, i just bought the apple ipad mini 4 from Walmart delivered with tax on feb 2 to my shop for 251.10. Is that crazy. Im keeping this S2 even though it only cost me 238.49 also not bad. I still am at it though, tring to connect. Your great to hang with me only this, thanks

When it comes to problems like fly aways and other issues i read here its only common sense to limit my exposure to future isdues related to this finicky drone. Ive used the ipad for my pro 3 and the other drones, its reliable.

Andrew Reeves N5

I got a defective S2. Imagine that. Check it out in the two Youtube videos I shot quickly to show that the tablet can't connect to a brand new MP. One video shows the tab, the other shows the same company Samsung Note 5 phone connects just fine. Crazy huh?
Going back to Best Buy, sounds like my life.

Andrew Reeves N5

Disconnect Mavic from lower USB connection. Controller won't connect two smart devices at once.
If using the lead that came with the charger that DJI ldoes not support data, it's just a charging lead. Most likely. Remote will stream updates etc to drone at super speed anyway.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Last edited:
To power down, you have to press the power button for 2 seconds, and then choose Power off (twice).
Then connect the cable to the RC bottom USB port and to the S2, power up the RC and only then, power up the tablet (power button for 3 seconds).
The RC left USB port must be free (no cable connected).
It works well with me if I do like that.

You can use any cable like the DJI charging one that has no smart pin inside it and only provides power, to connect power to controller so phone and controller last for the whole day. Buy a 1 amp power bank.
Look at www.mavichelp.com. @msinger a member here is an encyclopaedia..

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Susruth Maralihalli
Just spent 2 frustrating days trying to get my s2 to work with the RC.
SM-T710 Android 5.0.2. (Can't update to android 6)
Tried debug mode, using side USB out with OTG plug adapter, powering off S2 - a gazillion combinations. Nothing worked.
Bar one.....

It's now working repeatedly.
Using side or bottom USB.
1. S2 on, no programs running
2. MP & RC off
3. Plug in USB cable to bottom RC connector then to S2
4. Turn on RC - S2 1st shows battery charging, then option to select app (Go4/Go/Litchi)
5. Select Go4 or Litchi - app starts
6. Turn on MP
7. VOILÀ !!!

Now after all the bs of the above steps my suspicion is its actually the USB cable. My last resort was to scour the house and stole everyone's USB cables (about 8 of them) and started just trying them one by one. One worked!?!? Go figure!
Someone mentioned in a previous post about different pin configuration, maybe..... Would be a shame if this was all that was causing so much grief.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev