DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung tablet, mavic pro

Brocklegend

Reactions
I have just purchased the mavic pro and downloaded the app onto my Samsung tablet. Everything is fine until i plug it into the controller then it just has message flashing on and off the screen. Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue, tablet is only 9 months old, dont really want to buy another thanks

What is the table do you have??
I have my Samsung tab s3 and works fine
Also i use my Samsung galaxy s8 plus and in both devices works fine and smooth the app...

Reactions: Brocklegend
turn off your tablet and plug the remoter to it...turn on the remote first....then turn on the tablet (with all cables connected to it already).

Reactions: Brocklegend
I have NEVER gotten my Samsung Tab A to work. Not one single time.
That's why I bought an iPad Mini 4 128gb tablet.
It works GREAT and the controller won't keep trying to charge the tablet like it does with Android tabs or phones.

Reactions: mlee
My Tab A works perfectly now since updating to Go 4 to 4.1.15 and the MP and RC to 01.04.0000. I close all other apps and use airplane mode. Before the updates it was glitchy.

I have been shopping for a Tablet dedicated to my Mavic Pro , The Galaxy Tab A 8" are only $150.00 Is there anything I need to know before buying one? Any special updates and settings it needs to be in. Im really looking forward to having a screen that fits and is bigger then my Galaxy S5 screen.

I've tried a few tablets (Galaxy Tab A and iFive Mini 4) which couldn't run G0 4 reliably, before trying a Lenovo Tab3 8 Plus.
With 3Gb RAM, a 2Ghz Snapdragon 625 CPU and minimal bloatware it runs the App smoothly with no crashes, freezes or lag.
Specs. Lenovo Tab3 8 Plus - Full tablet specifications
Only downsides are that it's too wide to fit in the RC arms and only 16Gb ROM, but it does have a micro SD tray (up to 256Gb).
Some online stores list it as a Lenovo P8 e.g: Lenovo P8 ( TAB3 8 Plus ) Tablet PC -$207.31 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

My Tab A works perfectly now since updating to Go 4 to 4.1.15 and the MP and RC to 01.04.0000. I close all other apps and use airplane mode. Before the updates it was glitchy.
Additional: My Tab A would not run Litchi. I have not tried it since the upgrade but thought you should be aware. I think it is a little under-powered for the app.

Additional: My Tab A would not run Litchi. I have not tried it since the upgrade but thought you should be aware. I think it is a little under-powered for the app.
Keep us posted on the Litchi . Im really interested in getting the Tab A . But Id like to be able to run both GO4 And Litchi . But as long as it works great on GO4 Id be happy.

I have tried all the above with galaxy tab4 nothing works. Anyone using ACER 10 INCH TABLET does this work. Any tips on good cheap tablet that will work from the box?

I have tried all the above with galaxy tab4 nothing works. Anyone using ACER 10 INCH TABLET does this work. Any tips on good cheap tablet that will work from the box?

That's odd because it's listed on the "Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO" and it also has 25 likes which is the same as a recommendation from users.

I use the Lenovo Tab 4 10 inch, it works great right out of the box and it's pretty inexpensive, I used the list above to purchase this tablet.

I have just purchased the mavic pro and downloaded the app onto my Samsung tablet. Everything is fine until i plug it into the controller then it just has message flashing on and off the screen. Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue, tablet is only 9 months old, dont really want to buy another thanks

annoying isnt it. i had / have the same issue. i found this works. hope it helps

The above video triggered something in my Wayback machine (my memory). My fix for that flashing message was to have my tablet completely powered off, plug it into the powered on RC (via USB), then start the tablet.

Reactions: kissmybrass
Now can't download latest firm wear. Must have tried 20 times. I'm going to try through computer next hope this works. New drone not even got off the ground yet!!!! I'll look at the lenovo thanks.
The above video triggered something in my Wayback machine (my memory). My fix for that flashing message was to have my tablet completely powered off, plug it into the powered on RC (via USB), then start the tablet.
I tried that but no joy. Just been on computer to up date drone. I managed to update rc through phone but drone wouldn't up date even though all batt full. Went onto comp plugged drone in with full batt and hope it's updated. I will try it with phone (flying) tomorrow but still can't connect tablet.

This suggestion from DJI forums for someone with the same problem.

"Turn on Controller while connected to Tablet. Start (or restart) the tablet. Click on OK when the USB request comes up.
Wait for BLUE "Enter Device" tab shows up. (Should be immediate as the app starts). Turn on copter. "
Also have you tried using other USB cables?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980