DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card max size.

south597

Reactions
I know on the dji website it says the mavic's max SD card size is 64GB but I'm curious if a 128GB card will still work, has anybody tried it?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

It should work. That spec is the same for Phantoms -- and, some people are even using 256GB memory cards.

I am using the Samsung EVO 128 with no problems. Although I have not filled it up yet, it seems to be working perfectly fine.

Reactions: JensnPS
I also have a Samsung EVO 128 GB and it seems to work fine.... but the internal DJI app "SD card format" fails. (So formatted ExFat on my laptop.)

I just formatted my 128GB Samsung micro-sd directly in my Mavic with no issues. My MAC reports 128.55 GB available space.

Reactions: Henry Chong
I tried using a 128 sandisk pro and it failed to capture video. Have tried it twice anyone else experience this?

You guys should use 32 gig card for 4K.
64 gig card will give you 144 minutes if you record continuously for 144 minutes in 4K. That's 6-7 batteries.
Having more cards is better. Nothing worse then losing your drone with 2 weeks of unbacked up footage. And nothing worse then hiking 4hrs in and forgetting your card in the PC.

i know for the videos on the mavic to turn out right you need a good sd card that writes the data fast enough...can someone please link me a good 64 GB sd card from amazon that will work well with the mavic when it comes to speed? A 32 GB would also work and maybe be better for me, thanks in advance.

Devin

can someone please link me a good 64 GB sd card from amazon that will work well with the mavic when it comes to speed?
You can find some memory cards that will work well here.

Just because it is possible ..... a 200 GB SanDisk Ultra works and formats fine ..... but the DJI Go app complains that the SD card formatting is recommended. :-(

I think I read somewhere that the card needs to have a minimum write speed of 40????

The memory cards that DJI ships usually have a 40MB/s write speed. For that reason, I like to use a memory card that equals or exceeds that spec.

Reactions: dkcamer
You are everywhere! Thanks. The one I posted is 60MB/s.
Probably got that info from you before,but just couldn't remember.

Scandisk is having a sale on memory today available on Amazon only. 11 April

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan