DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Sedona

Were those rolls and loop real?
Magnificent scenery even though I prefer less arid places.
I wonder what the cliff-side flight starting at 0:50 would be like shot with a Mini 3 Pro with the camera in portrait.

Do you live nearby or is it a bit of drive out for you get to that superb scenery.

Were those rolls and loop real?
Magnificent scenery even though I prefer less arid places.
I wonder what the cliff-side flight starting at 0:50 would be like shot with a Mini 3 Pro with the camera in portrait.
Yes, I try to do loops and rolls slowly so they appear as they would in a small aerobatic plane from the perspective of a pilot or passenger. That is what I like about FPV, the view is realistic from the perspective of being on board. I'm sure the Mini 3 Pro would be awesom on the cliff-side flight as well. Thanks
Do you live nearby or is it a bit of drive out for you get to that superb scenery.
I Live near Red Rock Canyon and fly there a lot, but this flight in Sedona is 250 miles from home. We drove/camped from Las Vegas to Austin Texas in late June for a family get together and I planned the trip to take advantage of nice landscapes along the way for drone flights. Google Earth comes in handy for finding places and especially dirt roads for access. I got in over 60 flights in 16 days with about half of those being random stops along the roadside. Fortunately my wife is cool with it! I'm still editing all the video, saw some incredible places like Coal Canyon, Little Painted desert, Shiprock, Cedar Ridge and others. Thanks

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
That sound perfect. Have just checked the map and can see where you are and where Sedona is. We had the great pleasure of flying in a light aircraft-(on our way to the Grand Canyon) over parts of the Cathedral Rocks area many years ago-what a sight!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

That sound perfect. Have just checked the map and can see where you are and where Sedona is. We had the great pleasure of flying in a light aircraft-(on our way to the Grand Canyon) over parts of the Cathedral Rocks area many years ago-what a sight!
Thanks for sharing. The hot air balloons look like a cool way to view the area also
could you message me, I would like to speak with you about the area.?
Will do

Great video !! Excellent flying. Sedona Is hands down one of my favorite places to visit and fly my drone at, especially October- April when the weather Is a bit cooler.

Great video !! Excellent flying. Sedona Is hands down one of my favorite places to visit and fly my drone at, especially October- April when the weather Is a bit cooler.
Thanks. The heat can be a real problem this time of year. The temperatures were way above average our entire trip. I tried to plan the route to travel through higher elevations to take advantage of cooler temps up there and that worked out well. Sedona was around 92 when we arrived late afternoon and cooled enough later on but next morning temps were already unpleasant by noon so we headed up to Flagstaff at 7500' to spend the afternoon. That evening we camped at Winslow, hot but bearable and next day the high country of New Mexico. Lots of high country in Northern Arizona and New Mexico but Texas was another matter all together and well over 100F everyday. We had electrical hookups in Texas to run our tiny A/C which barely got the temp inside to below 90. We are heading back next April for the great American Total Solar Eclipse on April 12th, which sweeps the from south to north east across the US and a good part of Texas. Should be a good time of year in April....

Sounds like a great adventure, I was actually born & raised In Winslow but left in the 70's after graduating.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taffer