DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I Jump?

ASUAviator

Reactions
Ive been patiently waiting to get my first drone. When the Mavic came out I knew it was what I was waiting for. I held off to see what the reviews would be and they havent been encouraging.

I realize for every negative review, there are many happy customers. With a new model its certain to have short comings. Im curious how long it is before the next version makes its debut.

I guess what im getting out is has this been the right drone for you? or knowing what you know now, would you wait for the next model?

Ive been patiently waiting to get my first drone. When the Mavic came out I knew it was what I was waiting for. I held off to see what the reviews would be and they havent been encouraging.

I realize for every negative review, there are many happy customers. With a new model its certain to have short comings. Im curious how long it is before the next version makes its debut.

I guess what im getting out is has this been the right drone for you? or knowing what you know now, would you wait for the next model?

Seriously? I have seen tons and tons of reviews saying it's an amazing drone.

My review? It's an amazing little drone. Get one :DThumbswayup

Seriously? I have seen tons and tons of reviews saying it's an amazing drone.

My review? It's an amazing little drone. Get one :DThumbswayup

Yeah, what Pablo says, where did you read these reviews? GoPro and Yuneec forums (though even then they frequently acknowledge it's wonderfulness) Plenty of people are quick to blame others when they get it wrong 'I took off in a hurricane and it flew away, DJI are at fault' sort of thing. There are genuine issues, of course, but look at posts about say, iPhones and Nexus phones, and you'll find a vocal minority that are just haters, maybe their mammies did not give them what they wanted when they were kids and they go through life being angry and opinionated...:mad:;)

Reactions: MavicScot
Get one. There's no point waiting for the next model as there is always going to be a new model coming in 9-12 months whether we're talking drone, mobile phones, computer components etc. With the Mavic I think you're safe in this respect as the model is only just getting to a point where DJI are able to turn around orders in weeks rather than months. The demand is high so if you ordered a Mavic now, I wouldn't expect a replacement model to be announced until you'd already had many months use out of your Mavic1.

Get one. There's no point waiting for the next model as there is always going to be a new model coming in 9-12 months whether we're talking drone, mobile phones, computer components etc. With the Mavic I think you're safe in this respect as the model is only just getting to a point where DJI are able to turn around orders in weeks rather than months. The demand is high so if you ordered a Mavic now, I wouldn't expect a replacement model to be announced until you'd already had many months use out of your Mavic1.
Everyday i fly makes me a believer trust me its the one has done everything they said it would

Oh and you can go on "waiting for the next model" your whole life if you're not careful.
Hi pablo. Ive reading posts for a month now just to keep in loop your story was very interesting and a relief to see people treat people as friends even not knowing them

Hi Pablo, yes go ahead and get it, you will love it. Welcome to the forum.

I'm a first time "droner". I crashed and totaled mine after 2 months of use. Was 100% my fault and documented in a thread.
I got reimbursed my full purchase price from Asurion (do not buy their insurance IMO). So I had the option of keeping the cash or order another one.
I ORDERED ANOTHER ONE! Arrived yesterday 6 days after purchase. I think you get my point ;-)

- Sport Mode addict, ride the wind!

its a great all around drone for general flight, distance, travel friendly , ease of use and reliability . its like buying an iphone. you will always hear comments. forget about that and just enjoy .

New flyer and find this incredibly easy to fly. I think it lulls you into a false sense of security. Follow the checklist and keep it LOS and you should be good. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JoKhool
Hi pablo. Ive reading posts for a month now just to keep in loop your story was very interesting and a relief to see people treat people as friends even not knowing them

Thanks. It certainly was a great story and I feel very grateful to some of the awesome people of this forum. :D

Thanks for the slight roast, its really what i wanted to hear. I know my post was a bit hypocritical and in the end will be happy.

Now will it be 5-7 days... or 5-7 weeks... ;) just playin

You are wasting time.

I have had 3 Phantoms , Typhoon H, X Star... the Mavic is my favorite and it isn't even close. I have had 0 problems you will love it. This is the most stable platform I have ever flown. It is the size of a coke can so it goes with me absolutely everywhere. So far I can't think of a single negative feature when compared to my other units. I could give you laundry list for my other birds though..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: HelloNasty1

The time to buy your MAVIC PRO is now. I got mine from BestBuy.com. They have been getting them in stock about every 2 weeks since Jan 13th. Check their website after midnight to see if the "Add to Cart" yellow button on the bottom of the page. Then you will be able to get your MAVIC PRO in less than a week.

Kent
770da4c0265c6efd39d30cfb11fc080f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

There has been talk (here on this forum and on Facebook) that the next Mavic maybe a cheaper version.... IE: a Mavic Standard
So who knows (except for the ones in the know) what the next generation Mavic will be.... But right now we have a GREAT little POWERFUL drone, that we could of only wished for just a short time ago!

I really like the Mavic Pro..... once we are able to get the goggles for it..... I will LOVE my Mavic Pro !

Pull the trigger and do it now if you have the means. Just yesterday, the MP ($999 Fly less) changed to 3-5 days for shipping and the Fly more option is at 5-7 days. Surprisingly good shipping considering the Chinese New Year. Many others here waited much longer. Add DJI Refresh and don't look back.

Get it now, you never know. I'd say this drone has a 90+ satisfaction percentage. It really is amazing.

Sent from [emoji211]

You are wasting time.

I have had 3 Phantoms , Typhoon H, X Star... the Mavic is my favorite and it isn't even close. I have had 0 problems you will love it. This is the most stable platform I have ever flown. It is the size of a coke can so it goes with me absolutely everywhere. So far I can't think of a single negative feature when compared to my other units. I could give you laundry list for my other birds though..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Air out that laundry [emoji268][emoji102][emoji268]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: duelingglove
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan