DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I use my s7 or get a a cheap tablet for $150 or so?

gixxerbill

Reactions
My mav will be here tomorrow. Should I use my galaxy s7 or get a 7 inch tablet for about $150?

does anybody use a s7 for your mav? If yes, how does it work?

Startrd off with a Note 5. Tried a tablet and never looked back. If you wanna go the cheap route get a used Nexus 7 2013 for a $100. Best bang for the buck has to go to the Apple iPad mini 2! [emoji108]

Sent from my SM-N920T using MavicPilots mobile app

My mav will be here tomorrow. Should I use my galaxy s7 or get a 7 inch tablet for about $150?

It's great to have both. The larger screen is super worth it in my opinion and depending on your selection of tablet you might have more ports to add more to your kit. I have the Nvidia Shield K1 + Avegant Glyph combo.

I also own the Galaxy S7 and use the phone setup about 50% of the time still, of course it's a bit more fussing around getting the tablet mount slotted, cords plugged in and everything adjusted.

Which 7" tablet have you looked into? I just returned a 7" (found on Amazon for $55) due to sluggishness. I'm now willing to pay much more for one with acceptable performance.

Which 7" tablet have you looked into? I just returned a 7" (found on Amazon for $55) due to sluggishness. I'm now willing to pay much more for one with acceptable performance.
Best Buy just had a great sale on iPad Mini 4 $279 for 16gb

Reactions: Mighty Mavic
You guys must just have $$ falling out of your pockets. ;)

Just use the very capable and nice S7 you already have.

Just go fly. Have fun. :)

You'll figure out pretty quickly if you would like a larger screen of enjoy the portability of using the phone you already have with you.

Reactions: HeliFreak
You guys must just have $$ falling out of your pockets. ;)

Just use the very capable and nice S7 you already have.

Just go fly. Have fun. :)

You'll figure out pretty quickly if you would like a larger screen of enjoy the portability of using the phone you already have with you.
Haha.. I wish. I intend to use my phone (S6 Edge Plus) most of the time. Occasionally I may need a bigger screen. That's why I don't want to spend too much on a tablet that's basically going to be a monitor.

Yup I use my S7 and just purchased the Nvidia K1 and its brilliant and because if has HDMI it can be used with goggles ..haven't tried it yet but from what ive seen other people doing it...worth it more than IPad mini in my opinion. Fast processor 2.2 for the price can't beat anywhere

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using MavicPilots mobile app

I was planning to use my S7 edge but in the end have decided I want a larger screen when I'm not backpacking with the mavic. I really like the bright screen of the Samsung Tab S2 and I think it's going to do well in the sunlight, so that's what I went with. I suppose now I need to head on over to the mavmount website...it just never ends.

I did a slight mod to the remote control to accommodate a 7-inch Galasy Tab. This allows me to see both screens (RC and tablet) easily.20170119_213531.jpg
* * * * This set up minimizes the number of pieces I need to carry. I do have one of those adjustable tablet adapter from eBay but I found that to be a bit cumbersome for a 7-inch tablet. I may use that only when I use the iPad. But the goal is to keep the set up small and portable.

Last edited:
You can buy an adapter on eBay to mount just about any tablet that you want. I bought one for $15 and it will more than meat my needs using a K1

Yup I use my S7 and just purchased the Nvidia K1 and its brilliant and because if has HDMI it can be used with goggles ..haven't tried it yet but from what ive seen other people doing it...worth it more than IPad mini in my opinion. Fast processor 2.2 for the price can't beat anywhere

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using MavicPilots mobile app

Hi.
I'm kind of interested in this tablet too, to mount on my Mavic Pro.
But I wondered if the video stream was okay and also if there are crashes from the DJI GO 4 app (or the DJI GO, or the LITCHI app) because right now, I'm using a LG G3 and I have a real problem with frozen screen and crashes of any app to fly my Mavic.

So can you confirm everything is smooth with this NVIDIA SHIELD K1, please?

And also, does it fit in the RC by itself, or does it need some sort of holding frame or the like?

Last edited:
I missed that deal!! At that price it would've been my first choice. Well, last night I ordered the Samsung 7-inch Galaxy Tab A. For me the 7-inch is the sweet spot. Not too big, not too small. Hope it works out.

So how was it? Did you have any troubles with Samsung Galaxy Tab A?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31