DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Show me your bag/case!

Yeah, I like that one.
The deal at Walmart is really great, the LowePro Slingshot 150AW is on sale for about $38, but the best part, since I can't stand going into Walmart, is that BestBuy will price match the Walmart deal.
I bought one at BB, the LowePro Slingshot 150 seems to be made with the Mavic in mind.

Reactions: Chris J
The deal at Walmart is really great, the LowePro Slingshot 150AW is on sale for about $38, but the best part, since I can't stand going into Walmart, is that BestBuy will price match the Walmart deal.
I bought one at BB, the LowePro Slingshot 150 seems to be made with the Mavic in mind.
I can't find that deal online.....WalMart online shows $89. If you happen to have a link online can you please forward it to me...

0e099ecdfec29419949dca8a27defa3e.jpg

Pelican 1400 foam sprayed with plastidip!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I was thinking about doing that, but my lid foam is glued in. Did you glue the Velcro strap to the lid?
I got fortunate and had a 1 1/2" wide strip of Velcro that had an adhesive back so I stuck that to the lid so if I decided later I didn't like it, I could always peel it off. The glue route would be to permeant for me...at least until I try this out for a bit to see how it works. I then used a 3/8" piece of velcro I had laying around that is meant for cable organizers but seems to work well as a way to secure the tablet to the lid.....I also put 4 little felt pads behind the tablet to isolate it from the plastic lid to prevent potential scratching and a bit of shock absorption...

Go Professional Case Tablet Mounting System.jpg

Reactions: Cowman
I just got this one in from Amazon. This particular one comes from about 5 different companies from $20.00-$85.00 on there. DO NOT BUY IT unless you plan on buying more padding and velcro to secure the device. I got this as an easy solution for hiking but this is not the one.

The strap it comes with is so lose that everything flops around when closed. The "Hard shell" case is thin cardboard and is far from a hard shell.

Probably going to try thr MC Case backpack next. Just though I would pass it along

Sent from my SM-T710 using MavicPilots mobile app

Attachments

• 1484281577818.png
    1484281577818.png
    217.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 1484284412030.jpg
    1484284412030.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 192
What does it do to the foam by spraying plastidip? I know what it does to my cars:). Please do tell the benifits to spraying the foam?

it seals the pluck and play foam serrations so it appears to be a single piece of foam again. It remains pliable but protects the edges from getting torn up over time. It really works great. i have done multiple rifle cases this way. Here is a picture of one case before and another after for reference.

AR10 Gun Case.jpg

Ruger American Rifle Gun Case.jpg

it seals the pluck and play foam serrations so it appears to be a single piece of foam again. It remains pliable but protects the edges from getting torn up over time. It really works great. i have done multiple rifle cases this way. Here is a picture of one case before and another after for reference.

View attachment 4077

View attachment 4078

Oh my. My other addiction. Guns and drones...... I will try it out. Sounds like a good idea!

View attachment 4077

View attachment 4078

Well I just busted out my plastidip and sprayed my foam. Excited to see results...

Sprayed my pick n pluck foam with Plasti Dip. Turned out awesome and it should prolong the life of this foam.
d7de73b5b7e75d20e06e0d47ed1e9263.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vdubbin1967
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters