DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Show me your bag/case!

My case is slowly filling up .....

8afb379bc1577ae84b51468ef8c0b629.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

Mine too!

Here is mine so far. Contents include Mavic (with battery installed), controller, 7" tablet, 3 extra batteries, car charger, adapter for mavic battery to charge USB devices, small accessories box, space for 2 full sets of props (2 bags with 4 per bag). Yes, I think I have too many props but better to be safe than sorry. I am waiting for my Polar Pro Cinema Series ND filter set so that I can make a slot for that in the open space, maybe the charging hub as well. The case is a "Members Mark 16" Safety Protective box" from Sam's Club which costs $20.

MavicCase.jpg

Here is mine so far. Contents include Mavic (with battery installed), controller, 7" tablet, 3 extra batteries, car charger, adapter for mavic battery to charge USB devices, small accessories box, space for 2 full sets of props (2 bags with 4 per bag). Yes, I think I have too many props but better to be safe than sorry. I am waiting for my Polar Pro Cinema Series ND filter set so that I can make a slot for that in the open space, maybe the charging hub as well. The case is a "Members Mark 16" Safety Protective box" from Sam's Club which costs $20.

View attachment 3750
The price is nice, but pluck foam just looks horrible to me.

There is 1.5 inch of special soft foam in the lid and it is normal for your items in the cutout foam to stick out a bit. This way, when clothing the lid, the soft foam prevent your items from moving around, this is actually very well throughout. I think your judgment on the case overall is quite poor. Although not from a known brand such as Pelican or Stormcase, those are very well made custom cases and unlike many chip ones, they comes with an auto pressure valve and quality cutout foam. As for the size, MC-Cases web page has very thorough info on each case size and model with photos. You should have opted for the Mavic Explorer Edition model which is larger and has ample room for additional batteries and accessories. I just received mine and am convinced this is currently the best case for Mavic owners with 6 to 8 batteries and in need for extra room. I love the option to remove the left side compartment to make room for a bunch of loose items, my VHF radio, iPad Air 2 holder, etc... . I have been in the TV biz for over 20 years and found the MC-Cases to be lightweight, rugged and extremely well made.

I received all 3 of MC's cases to review on my channel, which happens on Tuesday the 10th. They are all very well-crafted, but I will be sticking with Explorer as my primary, as I want plenty of room to expand and not worry about needing a 2nd case.

The price is nice, but pluck foam just looks horrible to me.
Agreed on the pluck foam but it is nice for a budget. I am sure I will get a better case later but for now I can spend that money on other improvements. To be honest I will rarely use the hard case, I will pack my Mavic in a more portable soft case (LowePro camera bag) for most occasions.

Since seeing this idea floating around, got these two bags just to have ready when needed to add into a backpack. The tall one, ( padded tactical MOLLE H2O pouch ), holds the Mavic w attached batt, and one spare batt in the center pouch, and the controller in the front pouch. ( Just ordered a stick guard for more protection ). If needed, I could add one more batt to the water pouch
The other is a small tactical first aid kit. It holds 2extra batts, both car and AC chargers, and extra blades with some room to spare. Everything fits well.IMG_2314.JPGIMG_2316.JPGIMG_2317.JPGIMG_2325.JPG

Finally found a backpack for short hikes that fits my needs; A LowePro FastPack BP150 AW II. I wanted something that would/could grow abit beyond my current needs. What I mean is that I've seen some nice backpacks but they are completely tailored to the basics, meaning batteries, remote, and the Mavic Pro itself.

I wanted something that would fit;
  • My Ipad Air or my Ipad Mini safely and securely
  • Hoodman Sunshade for either Ipad
  • MavMount or device holder I'm currently using
  • DJI Goggles when they become available
  • Cables and chargers
  • Spares
  • Kestrel Anemometer
  • Water bottle
I thought about just buying some type of "padded" inserts that would fit in one of my existing backpacks but didn't find something I like or offer the protection I wanted. I don't like the idea of the remote or any of the components rubbing up against each other or being under some weight or pressure. I don't necessarily plan to put EVERYTHING in it. But I like knowing if I have to take it all on say some trip, Its all in one place.

Lower Storage area, plenty of room for several batteries, the remote, charger, and Mavic. You can see the Ipad Air peeking out from its storage compartment. Could actually fit a something like a 13" Macbook Air

Upper Storage areas. Lots of room for the device holder, Kesteral, and other items. I believe the MavMount won't take as much space as the current device holder. It'll allow room for the VR goggles later...

Pelican 1510 case. I put the insert from the Mavic Pro box into the pelican case. It closes perfectly fine with the top of the insert on. I plan on ordering the padded dividers. The foam insert doesn't seem like it will last long at all.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 225
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 233
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 207
Last edited:
I carry my camera equipment(A7, lens, and flash) and my MP with Peak Design bag. I can also fit my MBP and telezoom lens there too.
b6b92eaa003c794035b8711517b53210.jpg
45003e91a9fb579553f54cc5e61a3fc1.jpg
26cafa7edd189be7bfdcaf2d512a5c40.jpg

If I want to carry my MP alone, I use my Tumi sling bag which can hold the MP side way perfectly. RC sit above it separately by another compartment. 2 batteries in outside pocket.
faafb8c52da654e594c7c980650ea5ab.jpg
e43d2cc9075db63703848db870169e1b.jpg
b86cbcecbda987c9fe661bc8ed1282af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Ive got the Mavic Pro Fly More bag for hiking to locations and thats fine.

I had to jump on the $22.00 Sam's Club Members Mark 16" hard case as its just too great a deal price wise to pass up!
I did a little BD0G motion detector light modification and am very pleased with the outcome.

I also wanted a hard case to use as a raised launch site and with this one if I kick it or slam it into sand I could care less. Plus I like showing up at the kiddie parks with a case that looks like its for my firearm. Yes , sometimes my sense of humor is a bit skewed. :)
I walk in with it like I am a serious operator and just watch peoples faces.

The motion detector light is a dual light RED and GREEN and I like the red light at night as it preserves your night vision. (eyes do not have to compensate for bright white light at night) . Light is powered by 2 AA batteries and only operates when motion is detected so battery life is maximized.

Here is a video showcasing the case

I am looking for a hard case that I would be able to carry my Mavic, everything from the fly more bundle and an iPad mini. I would rather not have something that is pluck and pull. I like the look of a molded insert better. Has anyone seen something like this or something that could be slightly modified to meet those needs?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d