DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller review

Well since the Remote is firmware "flashable" there is hope in the long term as they develop firmware that allows more long distance connection without annoying drops in connection.

Reactions: Former Member
Well since the Remote is firmware "flashable" there is hope in the long term as they develop firmware that allows more long distance connection without annoying drops in connection.
Yes they are always updating the firmware to add features later. I guess they rush to get the hardware out and then try to add features later

Reactions: BD0G
And is still being developed by the buyers.

As a software developer who only first started flying Drones less than six months ago, I thought about this situation a lot before buying a what was soon to be obsolete Mavic Pro, and I believe that this is why I have not experienced any significant issues or bugs. DJI had all that time from when the Mavic Pro was first released to iron them out.

As I have previously mentioned I am no longer an early adopter of consumer technology products such as cars, computers and phones. I leapfrog every second product release because I'm am tired of wasting time on applying the many patches and bug fixes that are invariably published within a week of the big "all singing, all dancing" Product Release party.

From what I can see DJI is a true industry leader when it comes to releasing an inadequately tested product to market knowing full well that its many loyal but gullible customers will continue with the Beta Testing process at a rate of zero dollars per hour. Just about all of the big Technology manufacturers play this game but DJI has well and truly turned it into an art-form - LOL.

As a software developer who only first started flying Drones less than six months ago, I thought about this situation a lot before buying a what was soon to be obsolete Mavic Pro, and I believe that this is why I have not experienced any significant issues or bugs. DJI had all that time from when the Mavic Pro was first released to iron them out.

As I have previously mentioned I am no longer an early adopter of consumer technology products such as cars, computers and phones. I leapfrog every second product release because I'm am tired of wasting time on applying the many patches and bug fixes that are invariably published within a week of the big "all singing, all dancing" Product Release party.

From what I can see DJI is a true industry leader when it comes to releasing an inadequately tested product to market knowing full well that its many loyal but gullible customers will continue with the Beta Testing process at a rate of zero dollars per hour. Just about all of the big Technology manufacturers play this game but DJI has well and truly turned it into an art-form - LOL.

Good points.

Hopefuly I will no longer be shamed by other users when I bring up the whole beta testing consumers. It really is sad, DJI drones are the best in the buisiness as far as I am concerned, but just imagine if they would actually slow down and get the bugs out before release. And everything worked as promised. They are great products, just not finely tuned robots.

Reactions: deleted member 877

Or...people learn to position their ant correctly... I have mine and duplicated the "problem" by having the ant sticking straight out. The manual very clearly outlines how to use the controller. Not to mention the several on board tutorials...

Or...people learn to position their ant correctly... I have mine and duplicated the "problem" by having the ant sticking straight out. The manual very clearly outlines how to use the controller. Not to mention the several on board tutorials...

Im pretty sure that @BD0G knows how to position his antennae. ;)

Hopefuly I will no longer be shamed by other users when I bring up the whole beta testing consumers. It really is sad, DJI drones are the best in the buisiness as far as I am concerned, but just imagine if they would actually slow down and get the bugs out before release. And everything worked as promised. They are great products, just not finely tuned robots.

Oh? Amid the constant harping by the same individuals complaining now to come out with new products? Go ahead and search some of their posts and you'll find comments accusing DJI of withholding new product for nefarious, profit driven reasons. So if they release a new product, they rushed it. If they wait to release a new product, they're holding it back waiting for competition or previous models to be sold out. Basically, DJI is evil and no matter what they do, you can be sure it's designed to screw over their, what was it? Oh yea "gullible" customers. Ever since a picture of this remote was leaked, there has been clamoring and complaining asking when it was coming out. Now it's out and some of the same people are still complaining...

Oh? Amid the constant harping by the same individuals complaining now to come out with new products? Go ahead and search some of their posts and you'll find comments accusing DJI of withholding new product for nefarious, profit driven reasons. So if they release a new product, they rushed it. If they wait to release a new product, they're holding it back waiting for competition or previous models to be sold out. Basically, DJI is evil and no matter what they do, you can be sure it's designed to screw over their, what was it? Oh yea "gullible" customers. Ever since a picture of this remote was leaked, there has been clamoring and complaining asking when it was coming out. Now it's out and some of the same people are still complaining...

From that rant, it's challenging to understand your point if there actually is one. But good on you anyway for insulting the majority of contributors to this forum - LOL.

From that rant, it's challenging to understand your point if there actually is one. But good on you anyway for insulting the majority of contributors to this forum - LOL.

Not very smart... If you read the thread, I was quoting another "contributor" that said we are "gullible" for buying DJI products. Oh wait that was you! So I'm insulting members of this forum but you aren't because?...

Your comment,

"From what I can see DJI is a true industry leader when it comes to releasing an inadequately tested product to market knowing full well that its many loyal but gullible customers will continue with the Beta Testing process at a rate of zero dollars per hour. Just about all of the big Technology manufacturers play this game but DJI has well and truly turned it into an art-form - LOL."

SD card support seems to be broken now in new firmware - after reboot card dissapears. if you extract and insert it back while powered on - it appears again, but, only until next reboot. if you have same issue - open a ticket with DJI support. looks like it is the last bug left, all the rest works fine on last .350 code. with an initial firmware it was operational after reboots, so, it is not a hardware - it is new code.

Reactions: DCGOO
Not very smart... If you read the thread, I was quoting another "contributor" that said we are "gullible" for buying DJI products. Oh wait that was you! So I'm insulting members of this forum but you aren't because?...

Your comment,

"From what I can see DJI is a true industry leader when it comes to releasing an inadequately tested product to market knowing full well that its many loyal but gullible customers will continue with the Beta Testing process at a rate of zero dollars per hour. Just about all of the big Technology manufacturers play this game but DJI has well and truly turned it into an art-form - LOL."

To put the record straight the following is EXACTLY what I wrote:-

"From what I can see DJI is a true industry leader when it comes to releasing an inadequately tested product to market knowing full well that its many loyal but gullible customers will continue with the Beta Testing process at a rate of zero dollars per hour."

There was no mention of DJI customers being gullible for buying DJI products. And also for the record, I'm never insulted by semi-coherent rants. Life's too short - LOL.

To put the record straight the following is EXACTLY what I wrote:-

"From what I can see DJI is a true industry leader when it comes to releasing an inadequately tested product to market knowing full well that its many loyal but gullible customers will continue with the Beta Testing process at a rate of zero dollars per hour."

There was no mention of DJI customers being gullible for buying DJI products. And also for the record, I'm never insulted by semi-coherent rants. Life's too short - LOL.

Um I copied and pasted what you wrote and rewrote. Besides, YOU accused me of insulting forum members when I quoted your post... That's just funny.

I guess I am gullible, oh I purchased 2 gullible units :p
Moi, je suis un beta tester pour le gullible products, so I am going to eat my hat.

Lighten up folks life is good ;)

Um I copied and pasted what you wrote and rewrote. Besides, YOU accused me of insulting forum members when I quoted your post... That's just funny.

You DIDN'T quote my post - you quoted ONE word (gullible) from my post and it wasn't even in the correct context. You've totally lost the plot mate !

SD card support seems to be broken now in new firmware - after reboot card dissapears. if you extract and insert it back while powered on - it appears again, but, only until next reboot. if you have same issue - open a ticket with DJI support. looks like it is the last bug left, all the rest works fine on last .350 code. with an initial firmware it was operational after reboots, so, it is not a hardware - it is new code.

Thank you for that. I observed exactly the same pattern, except I concluded my SD had gone flaky again <sigh>. I guess not. I will open a case.

How long was your “short delay in customs?” My SC - ordered from DJI - has had this same status since Saturday night (4 days ago): “Clearance Delay - Import: Anchorage, AK.”

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
datkin