DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smelly carrying case from eBay

I like this one - its small and portable enough to carry around easily!

Reactions: Blades
I got that same one for my mavic, love it so far..
99218b2f97ee6b8f5b70a341d465a58c.jpg

Reactions: Blades
I have the same case from eBay, yes very smelly.
Odour is from the laser cutting process that cut the foam insert s.
Will settle down in a few weeks, otherwise a great case.
I have cut foam that fits my iPad mini into the lid cavity.
All fits really well, leave props on never had a problem.

It's hard to really zero in on a smell, but this particular odor is not a combustion product - it smells like something died. I think I lucked out and got the Mona Lisa of funky smells here, not just burnt plastic or solvent.

Reactions: Guker
I think you mean Keith Richards, LOL.

I ordered a nifty looking case from eBay, and it arrived a couple of days ago. It was pretty much as pictured, but it SMELLS to high heaven like dog pee. PHEW!!

I have requested a refund, but would still like to have a case like this one. Has anyone else ordered one that arrived minus the smell?
s-l500.jpg

I have exactly that case in your picture, bought off an eBay seller in China, very pleased with the fit and quality, fin everything in including iPad mini and some spares, cables etc. delivery to Sydney was about 6 days

Reactions: geigy
I bought mine off amazon, no strong smell.

good case, i did elongate the hole for charger so I could put a table holder in that slot.

I wrote to the seller and they have given me a 100% refund. The process was prompt and friendly and I will not be leaving negative feedback for them. They probably sell hundreds of cases, and I understand these things happen. I will be ordering the same case from another seller.

BTW - it would be fine with me if the moderator closes out this thread. I think it's contributed as much to the common good as it can.

Last edited:
I bought mine off amazon, no strong smell.

good case, i did elongate the hole for charger so I could put a table holder in that slot.

The bigger one is fine, it's the two smaller separate cases that typically have the issue.

I also ordered this case from China, and it arrived on time and not smelly :) Even came with a lavender pouch inside.
s-l500.jpg
I got this because I thought the foam insert would fit good in my DSLR backpack. I am very happy with the backpack, but I wanted a bit more sturdy padding for the Mavic.

The foam is a good fit for the Mavic and holds everything I need to bring when I go flying. even space for some extras.
IMG_20170520_065954.jpg

It even holds the Mavic well with the leg extensions
IMG_20170520_070046.jpg
IMG_20170520_070019.jpg

And man did it fit well in my backpack
IMG_20170520_065934.jpg

Super happy with this buy. Now I feel a bit safer lugging the Mavic around in my backpack, And I have the semi-hard shell to use if I just want to carry it as a sling bag.

Attachments

• IMG_20170520_070036.jpg
    IMG_20170520_070036.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: Imtnbike and geigy
Mine is spending day 3 on the outside porch, after being sprayed with several layers of upholstery cleaner. Still smells like burning wool / dog urine. Formaldehyde would be a relief, haha.

Man I can almost smell it by your description alone.

I ordered a nifty looking case from eBay, and it arrived a couple of days ago. It was pretty much as pictured, but it SMELLS to high heaven like dog pee. PHEW!!

I have requested a refund, but would still like to have a case like this one. Has anyone else ordered one that arrived minus the smell?
s-l500.jpg
I ordered one from Amazon made by smatree looks similar to yours but smells like a new pair of sneakers and it also fits three extra batteries

Hust bought the same even with that

s-l500.jpg
Just bought same from here Waterproof Shoulder Bag Case EVA Hard Suitcase Protector For DJI Mavic Pro Drone | eBay and that smell is teribble, it must be even danger to touch it, probably some really ****** material. Even had there thah little bag as you, so probabyl from same factory. But they refunded it without problems so i threw it to garbage where it belongs :)
Ordered this one, looks nice and it should be good quality and without smell :) DroneGuard CS 150: Mavic Pro case with impact protection and organization for Mavic Pro drone, spare battery and transmitter. | Lowepro

LOL - yes, that smell. Almost like something fell into the plastic vat and died, and they went ahead with production anyway, haha.

Howdy! i got one of these cases TOO,.. stinky peuw! AND both the bottom and the top were concave, therefore making it unable to hold the batteries, not enough room. so... i took the foam out, took the heat gun to it tried to get the deformation out of it,.. and broke one of the clasps!! what did i expect for $27.99!!!!har har hilarity!

I have the same case from eBay, yes very smelly.
Odour is from the laser cutting process that cut the foam insert s.
Will settle down in a few weeks, otherwise a great case.
I have cut foam that fits my iPad mini into the lid cavity.
All fits really well, leave props on never had a problem.

I agree. I have the same case, but minus the pong, I leave the props on, it hasn’t done any harm and I don’t like taking them off and on in case they loosen through wear removing them all the time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky