DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So, is Anyone Flying Their Mavic FPV Since the Update?

Bob in Savannah

Masters Patron
Reactions
Site
instagram.com
Just wondering if anyone around here has acquired the MC2 and either the Goggles2 or the Integra goggles and flown their Mavic this way?
I'm excited to do so only because I had the og white goggles and the Mavic Pro maybe 5 years ago. I LOVED flying that way. It was a pretty solid feed back then and I cant imagine how much better the tech is now!

I have the MC2 and updated it today and the Integra goggles should be here tomorrow. Anyone else out there flying this way? I know for serious Video, this might not be optimum but for photography and just exploring I can't see how you lose.
Comments, please...

Just wondering if anyone around here has acquired the MC2 and either the Goggles2 or the Integra goggles and flown their Mavic this way?
I'm excited to do so only because I had the og white goggles and the Mavic Pro maybe 5 years ago. I LOVED flying that way. It was a pretty solid feed back then and I cant imagine how much better the tech is now!

I have the MC2 and updated it today and the Integra goggles should be here tomorrow. Anyone else out there flying this way? I know for serious Video, this might not be optimum but for photography and just exploring I can't see how you lose.
Comments, please...
Well, I'm a day or two away. My Motion 2 arrives today just walked in the door and I believe I have all of my Firmware up to date on my Mavic 3 Classic as well as my Avata and Goggles 2. From what I am reading here, the experience will be less than perfect. It sounds like some more Firmware updates are needed before using the Mavi8c 3 with th new bits will lose some functionality, largely in the camera dept. I'm hoping other Mavic 3/FPV Want'a bees will offer some suggestions based on their experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Well, I'm a day or two away. My Motion 2 arrives today and I believe I have all of my Firmware up to date on my Mavic 3 Classic as well as my Avata and Goggles 2. From what I am reading here, the experience will be less than perfect. It sounds like some more Firmware updates are needed before using the Mavi8c 3 with th new bits will lose some functionality, largely in the camera dept. I'm hoping other Mavic 3/FPV Want'a bees will offer some suggestions based on their experience.
I hate to hear the camera may be handicapped... I assume, however, all this will be fixed with updates.. The Mavic Pro (5 years ago) with the og white goggles utilized full camera functionality from what I recall. They were just big as a house and sat on your head like one, too. BUT they worked.

This thread actually got me thinking about the possibility of actually flying FPV with goggles and one stick, and with a Mavic 3 Classic no less.
Priced it out (DJI Googles 2 and DJI motion controller 2) from DJI, $888.00 USD sitting in my cart. I dunno, is it worth it?

• Wow
This thread actually got me thinking about the possibility of actually flying FPV with goggles and one stick, and with a Mavic 3 Classic no less.
Priced it out (DJI Googles 2 and DJI motion controller 2) from DJI, $888.00 USD sitting in my cart. I dunno, is it worth it?
I am using video-glasses with HDMI input. They work with my RC Pro and Mini3, Mavic3, Air2S. All drones supported by the RC Pro. It cost me 250$.

I just ordered the Goggles 2 and Controller 2 for $799 from DJI yesterday, they have a special going on so I took advantage of it. Taxes and shipping costs are included in the $799 price. Looking forward to getting them soon.

Reactions: 3rdof5
I don't think so, when DJI has the "motion combo" – Integra goggles and the MC2 – available for U$649.

That'll be my route later this summer.

My Integra goggles are "out for delivery" this second. I updated the MC2 and charged it up last night after posting this thread... All I need are those goggles.. Lol

I'm sitting at Buffalo Wild Wings this second for lunch trying to kill some time.. Chicken is pretty good here.. I'm surprised. :)

Reactions: GrayArea
My Integra goggles are "out for delivery" this second. I updated the MC2 and charged it up last night after posting this thread... All I need are those goggles.. Lol

I'm sitting at Buffalo Wild Wings this second for lunch trying to kill some time.. Chicken is pretty good here.. I'm surprised.

I'm sitting at Buffalo Wild Wings this second for lunch trying to kill some time.. Chicken is pretty good here.. I'm surprised. :)
Will the FPV upgrade work on the MA2 ??

Thanks for the replies all. I found both combos, the Integra and the Goggles 2 motion combos.
Both were less expensive than adding items separately, which I had done.
I have to say, DJI'S store doesn't make the combos easy to find unless you specifically search lol.
So I decided against the Integra and went with the Goggles 2 motion 2 combo for $799 US.
My Mavic 3 Classic will likely be the last aircraft I buy so what the hell, let's get all the goodies with it lol.
Ordered and on their way.

Reactions: Torque
OF COURSE the Goggles didn't show up until nearly sunset but I got everything updated and then went to try to lift off and got an error saying the aircraft isn't signed 8nto the app.. Not quite sure 9f if I leave my rcn1 on and when I turn that other stuff on.. Lol and now do I need to rebind the drone to my dji account..

I only had like 10 mins of daylight so I had to stop and now I'm at work until noon so I'll have to wait until then.. I'm sure I'll get it figured out today!

I have all of my equipment (for FPV) and yesterday was my day for multiple test flights on my Avata and my Mavic 3 Classic. Total Fail! Besides being a very windy day, My first test on the Avata with the Motion 2 was a "Remote ID Error" and the engines failed to start, so I came home to research and discovered that one of the may Firmware updates that I had done had enabled Remote ID and you cannot get an engine start without a phone attached to the Goggles. I may get a chance to try again today.

anybody want to talk a little about the FPV experience for people who have never flown FPV?

I was curious about it so I hoped around to some links yesterday, but a $650 price tag was discouraging, especially with all the news about potential restrictions being levied on DJI drones

* if you are wearing the goggles and flying FPV can you toggle between a clear screen and one with telemetry that will show battery level, height from home point, distance, etc?

* is obstacle avoidance still active under FPV?....I'm assuming it is but not under sport mode. I'm also assuming the option in obstacle avoidance needs to be set to 'go around obstacle'?

* is the range of video transmission the same as to the standard RC's? Are the standard RC's a lot more awkward than the stick controller?

anybody want to talk a little about the FPV experience for people who have never flown FPV?

I was curious about it so I hoped around to some links yesterday, but a $650 price tag was discouraging, especially with all the news about potential restrictions being levied on DJI drones

* if you are wearing the goggles and flying FPV can you toggle between a clear screen and one with telemetry that will show battery level, height from home point, distance, etc?

* is obstacle avoidance still active under FPV?....I'm assuming it is but not under sport mode. I'm also assuming the option in obstacle avoidance needs to be set to 'go around obstacle'?

* is the range of video transmission the same as to the standard RC's? Are the standard RC's a lot more awkward than the stick controller?
Just this sec finally got everything hooked up successfully. I had to actually plug the goggles into my phone/mobile device with the app. I had originally just updated the goggles and controller on the PC thru DJI assistant 2 and kept receiving errors about the aircraft not being binded... Whatever, just plugging into the phone did the trick.

And for your questions:

I don't think I can toggle to a clean screen...Thats the camera footage. What I see is the exact same setup you see on your display with a controller. I just see it so much bigger and brighter.

Yes, ALL obstacle avoidance is working on my Mavic 3. Im in Normal mode and if I switched to Sport mode the OA would turn off.

Not sure about transmission on the Integra but 5 years ago on the og white goggles and a Mavic Pro, I got as far as my controller. Im sure this is no different.

The Motion Controller is actually pretty tight and responsive. Its actually easier to fly directly at your spot you want only because there is a little circle you move that the drone flies directly towards. I think you get in much tighter spaces with the goggles and this Motion Controller.

Im charging up now for a super long flight shortly.. I burnt thru some juice last night and the past hour trying to figure it out. Ill be back later...

I would like to mention a couple of criticisms.. The goggles themselves may need a 3rd party face plate foam thing that fits on your face. Some people online are complaining about the fit and I see what they're saying. They seem fine to me with some adjusting but I can see where someone with a bigger shnoze than me might have difficulty and require a little more padding to create some distance inside the goggles from your nose/eyes..
Also, those wearing glasses will have to use the lens inserts which are fine but just make the eye pieces that much closer to your face so much so that your eye lashes will wipe up against the lenses causing light smudging... I little more foam around the face plate will fix all of this.. Im sure I could come with a DIY until I could order something professional..
Overall I'm happy even though I really haven't flown anywhere yet. LOL.. I'm about to in the next hour or so, tho

Last edited:
I have all of my equipment (for FPV) and yesterday was my day for multiple test flights on my Avata and my Mavic 3 Classic. Total Fail! Besides being a very windy day, My first test on the Avata with the Motion 2 was a "Remote ID Error" and the engines failed to start, so I came home to research and discovered that one of the may Firmware updates that I had done had enabled Remote ID and you cannot get an engine start without a phone attached to the Goggles. I may get a chance to try again today.
OK, today was a positive result for me. First of all, I flew my Avata with the Motion 2 controller and Goggles 2. This evening I flew my Mavic 3 Classic with Goggles 2 and Motion 2. No other devices EXCEPT, I had my Android phone running a fresh copy of DJI Fly and plugged in the the USB-C Port on the Goggles 2. I have NOT had time to find out what works and what doesn't other than the Mavic 3 flies a lot better than the Avata. No surprise there. The most important thing I can tell you is get every fricken piece of hardware updated to the latest Firmware. Also, on my android phone, (Samsung S22, AT&T Version) I tried everything to update the DJI Fly App but could not. I wound up by uninstalling the App and re-installing it from an APK file. I flew an un-eventful 12-13 minute flight ending with an RTH commanded by the joystick on the Motion 2. The drone landed in my driveway exactly at the point in which it took off from. I have more work to do but I have wanted to do this for a long time.
One final thought. Search for and download the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) v 2.1.18. This is the fastest way to update all of your Firmware.

Last edited:
My Googles2 RC motion 2 combo arrives Monday. Can't wait!
A couple of questions:
From what I've read I'm guessing it's the Goggles (hence the antennas are on them) and not the Stick that is communicating with the Aircraft?
And has anyone tried and/or confirmed that head tracking works with the Mavic 3?

My Googles2 RC motion 2 combo arrives Monday. Can't wait!
A couple of questions:
From what I've read I'm guessing it's the Goggles (hence the antennas are on them) and not the Stick that is communicating with the Aircraft?
And has anyone tried and/or confirmed that head tracking works with the Mavic 3?
No. They BOTH will communicate. They must both be paired with the aircraft.

I used head tracking today and it works perfectly! I have an M3.

Reactions: 3rdof5
No. They BOTH will communicate. They must both be paired with the aircraft.

I used head tracking today and it works perfectly! I have an M3.
I understand that all 3 have to and do communicate but the RC Motion 2 controller would seem to have a small internal antenna, it seems more logical for the controller to communicate with the aircraft VIA the goggles which have the external antennas for proper transmission range with the aircraft.
But I can't find any official info on how they actually all communicate.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne