DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So, is Anyone Flying Their Mavic FPV Since the Update?

I'm a big fan of the MC(2) going back to the DJI FPV which I got when it was released. I've got an Avata too, which I fly the most these days, majority of the time with the MC2.

I've had many DJI camera drones over the years, currently a Mini3P and A2S in the Squadron. I haven't flown either of these with the MC2, as I have Goggles V2 which aren't supported.

Whew! Now, all said to set my background experience, I can understand how flying the camera drones with the MC2 would be an underwhelming experience. Without the power and performance the FPV drones have, as well as the way they're tuned, I can see how the true potential of the "flight stick" paradigm would come up much more... muted, for lack of a better term.

I look forward to trying it in the near future, going to get a set of Integra goggles. I may be surprised, but given 10 years flying these things with lots of traditional RC time, I think I have a pretty good feel for comparing.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
I'm a big fan of the MC(2) going back to the DJI FPV which I got when it was released. I've got an Avata too, which I fly the most these days, majority of the time with the MC2.

I've had many DJI camera drones over the years, currently a Mini3P and A2S in the Squadron. I haven't flown either of these with the MC2, as I have Goggles V2 which aren't supported.

Whew! Now, all said to set my background experience, I can understand how flying the camera drones with the MC2 would be an underwhelming experience. Without the power and performance the FPV drones have, as well as the way they're tuned, I can see how the true potential of the "flight stick" paradigm would come up much more... muted, for lack of a better term.

I look forward to trying it in the near future, going to get a set of Integra goggles. I may be surprised, but given 10 years flying these things with lots of traditional RC time, I think I have a pretty good feel for comparing.
What I see through my Integra goggles is nothing short of mesmerizing!
I just want to control the drone w/ my normal controller like I did with the (incredibly tremendous) original white dji goggles and my Mavic Pro nearly 5 years ago. lol

Using the MC2 seems to highly handicap your photographic and cinematographic options/features on the M3.

Reactions: Torque

I definitely agree on how the MC2 is tuned performance wise. While the head tracking is crazy fast, it actually rotates the aircraft as fast as you can turn your head to wherever you are looking at, while maintaining course lock to what you are doing with the stick. Very cool, but the joystick for up down and side to side is awfully slow, particularly when climbing straight up. The gain must be adjustable though, not that I've looked for that setting in the app yet.

Very cool, but the joystick for up down and side to side is awfully slow, particularly when climbing straight up. The gain must be adjustable though, not that I've looked for that setting in the app yet.
😁 A lot of people get caught by this.

In the goggles menu there's a place to adjust gain. Look in the control section, probably under advanced.

You can turn the max speed left/right/reverse all the way up to full speed, I believe. Did it for my Avata and had to go back and turn it down a bit after flying with it.

Reactions: Torque and 3rdof5
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas