DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So silly question... :)

PepeLePew

Reactions
Been popping around here and there learning about the Mavic Pro and I have but one
question about the remote.
I assume the answer will be yes but want to make sure without totally assuming anything.
There are 2 cable ports on the Mavic controller, one on the side and one on the bottom.
Both can be used to connect to a phone/tablet? Yes?
Is one more reliable than the other?
Is there a specific purpose for the bottom one as apposed to the side one?
Thank you

you'll use the bottom usb port when using a tablet. I've only ever used it - I use a Ipad mini 4 (bought specifically for the mavic - only apple product I own) smaller port at the side when using a phone.

Reactions: PepeLePew
Is there a specific purpose for the bottom one as apposed to the side one?
A mobile device can be connected to both ports, but both ports cannot be used at the same time. Also, after connecting a mobile device to the bottom port, you can charge the remote controller from the port on the left side.

A mobile device can be connected to both ports, but both ports cannot be used at the same time. Also, after connecting a mobile device to the bottom port, you can charge the remote controller from the port on the left side.

That was kind of my curiosity as well.

you'll use the bottom usb port when using a tablet. I've only ever used it - I use a Ipad mini 4 (bought specifically for the mavic - only apple product I own) smaller port at the side when using a phone.

Yea I am on the edge currently what to purchase. I have a lot of homework to do :)

So Pepe what do you plan on using your drone for?

@dekip At 1st it is to get me back into the swing of things for aerial filming.
I come from a Blade Chroma which I sold several months ago. Since I jumped
into Drone Racing 3 years ago, the Chroma kind of set around and didn't get much attention.
Back then my plan was simple, get some Aerial experience and licensed then try to go out
and make some extra money here and there. I found out that at that time no
body around me really wanted drones flying around their businesses so that game plan
kind of fell to the wayside once I started racing.
Recently a buddy mentioned that I should think about subcontracting and even
stated he may need my help at some point so I decided to grab a Mavic since
its a decent drone for both fun flying and video. I probably spent the last 3 or 4 weeks
reading and researching before I decided to buy the Mavic.
Even if the sub-contracting thing doesn't pan out I will still move forward in
obtaining my P-107 and see where things stand at that point. In my area now, there
are several people getting small aerial businesses going and not enough
licensed pilots to do the work.
However for now I am hitting the forums, websites and other resources
and soaking in as much as my 54 year old brain can take :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting