DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So when is the new app update coming?

I turned off updates for DJI app, got notification that the new update is here. Among the changes, is the addition of Spark. Which means I'll have no choice but to upgrade :/ Clever.
Indeed it is. Just updated thanks for the heads up.

WRT to the requirement ,

"After updating user is required to log into their DJI account once",

.. this will be a non event for most people, as if you are like me it logs in automatically in any case because I never intentionally log out of my DJI account..

Easy peasey..

Last edited:
Reactions: Pipes101 and Blades
Shock Horror...

My Mavic flies exactly the same after updating to DJIGo4 4.1.0.

What were you expecting? This update is not about instant restrictions, it's about gathering a legal database to enforce restrictions when DJI needs to.

What were you expecting?
No change - hence I reported same.

... although I might add, alarmist posts could have given us Australian pilots cause for concern:-

".... Australian pilots who sign up for the new firmware will be limited to 50mw of transmit power per Australian law...."
End of the world thread post #308

Last edited:
The android app update is out and some have already updated and flown. The sky did not fall in. Other than new features they all just flew normally with no problems.
No ios update yet.

The android app update is out and some have already updated and flown. The sky did not fall in. Other than new features they all just flew normally with no problems.
No ios update yet.
The Key word is "Yet"

No change - hence I reported same.

... although I might add, alarmist posts could have given us Australian pilots cause for concern:-

".... Australian pilots who sign up for the new firmware will be limited to 50mw of transmit power per Australian law...."
End of the world thread post #308
I smashed my Magic to pieces with a hammer after reading that.

Should I have waited?

Dammit.

Reactions: 8BitMavics
Indeed it is. Just updated thanks for the heads up.

WRT to the requirement ,

"After updating user is required to log into their DJI account once",

.. this will be a non event for most people, as if you are like me it logs in automatically in any case because I never intentionally log out of my DJI account..

Easy peasey..
Can you tell me or screen shot what the new go4 app verison is please? I turned off auto update but when I just checked it was checked again in the play store and I think it updated me.

Well I think my app did update to the new DJI go. When I just try to enter the app not connected to anything in airplane mode it keeps switching screens to the Wi-Fi to connect when I go back and try again it does the same thing it will not let me enter the app unless I turn on cell or wifi. If I try to click on any of the other tabs it brings me to the sign in at DJI.. I did now want this to update and tried to turn off auto but now it did...

Well I think my app did update to the new DJI go. When I just try to enter the app not connected to anything in airplane mode it keeps switching screens to the Wi-Fi to connect when I go back and try again it does the same thing it will not let me enter the app unless I turn on cell or wifi. If I try to click on any of the other tabs it brings me to the sign in at DJI.. I did now want this to update and tried to turn off auto but now it did...
Blades, what OS?

Blades, what OS?
Android. I hooked up my phone in airplane and turned on the MP and still have live feed. The small airport by me with no tower is 3 miles away and it looks like the read NFZ is only about 1 mile around it. But the yellow does go the 5 miles and you need to sign in to unlock to fly.
Here is a map of my area with the older DJI go app and with the new DJI go app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170526-150340.png
    Screenshot_20170526-150340.png
    758.9 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot_20170526-150357.png
    Screenshot_20170526-150357.png
    817.5 KB · Views: 167
Android. I hooked up my phone in airplane and turned on the MP and still have live feed. The small airport by me with no tower is 3 miles away and it looks like the read NFZ is only about 1 mile around it. But the yellow does go the 5 miles and you need to sign in to unlock to fly.
Here is a map of my area with the older DJI go app and with the new DJI go app.
Well I am in Canada and our goofy government passed a bunch of laws a few months back so we must stay 5 miles from all airports heli pads and grass runways which means we won't be able to fly if we update

Reactions: Melanik

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15