DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sometimes Ya Just Got To Let Go

This is my Great GrandDad. His son Hal is my Grandfather. He was one of the first to record on record for Columbia back in the day. A lot of his talent rubbed off into my Pops and even my brother. Me not so much... except for my love of music. I can play.. a little on strings, but never had the ear to be able to play like some of the rest of my family. I did play the skins for a local party/biker bar/ classic rock/blues band in my younger days. Then I got married... the drums got sold... and I got old.. er. So yeah, I really do got the music in me. Hope ya'll can enjoy this moldy oldie.. :cool:

Here's a snip-it from his wiki profile...

Art Gillham
, (January 1, 1895, St. Louis, Missouri – June 6, 1961, Atlanta, Georgia), was an American songwriter, who was among the first crooners as a pioneer radio artist and a recording artist for Columbia Records.

With Billy Smythe and Scott Middleton he wrote "Hesitation Blues", which he also recorded as one of the first electrical recordings for Columbia Records(Rust). The song is heard in the following movies The Public Enemy, Of Human Bondage and Fireman Save My Child (IMDB). Gillham and Smythe wrote approximately 100 songs together, including "Mean Blues," "Just Forget," "The Deacon Told Me I Was Good," "Just Waiting for You," "Crying Again," "Things That Remind Me of You" (sheet music) and the first successful electrical recording, "You May Be Lonesome" (Rust). With J. Russell Robinson he wrote "In My Sweetheart's Arms".[1]

Last edited:
Reactions: JDawg and dirkclod
Scares me ****less when I hear this. This is what the wife does to me when I’ve bought more DJI gear:oops::oops::oops:

Just saw ELO (with Jeff Lynne) in concert here in Dallas a few weeks ago. Great show. Jeff Lynne is a musical god.

I know this one is off season but I love this Xmas song by Greg Lake;)

Another one from the 70’s

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661