DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sphere Panorama - any tutorials, tips or other crutches?

Aerophile

Reactions
Making my first attempts at sphere panorama on my Mini 3 Pro...with mixed results. I was able to generate a quick 'n dirty image, but it had...some issues.

First and probably most trivial is...how do you get the cool effect that I've seen when you initially view the panorama, where it starts as an overhead(?) "singularity" (my term) and then sort of zoom-morphs into a scroll-able psuedo-3D pano?

There are multiple obvious issues in my pano, which I can see is going to require some trial-and-effort. I have streets below the drone with "wrinkles" (maybe a gust moved the drone during the shooting?), a few places where the stitching really didn't quite work (the light was pretty low, so that may have contributed to it's difficulty), and there's a very pronounced "seam" across the sky...

seamy_sky.jpg
I'm guessing that this "seam" was caused by the changing light conditions - I sent the drone up as the light was quickly fading, and I assume the visible "seam" is just a measure how how much the light faded in the short time it took to rotate 360° and shoot...

Can anyone recommend a decent tutorial or step-by-step description for sphere pano shots on the Mini 3 Pro?

Thanks.

Making my first attempts at sphere panorama on my Mini 3 Pro...with mixed results. I was able to generate a quick 'n dirty image, but it had...some issues.

First and probably most trivial is...how do you get the cool effect that I've seen when you initially view the panorama, where it starts as an overhead(?) "singularity" (my term) and then sort of zoom-morphs into a scroll-able psuedo-3D pano?

There are multiple obvious issues in my pano, which I can see is going to require some trial-and-effort. I have streets below the drone with "wrinkles" (maybe a gust moved the drone during the shooting?), a few places where the stitching really didn't quite work (the light was pretty low, so that may have contributed to it's difficulty), and there's a very pronounced "seam" across the sky...

View attachment 155686
I'm guessing that this "seam" was caused by the changing light conditions - I sent the drone up as the light was quickly fading, and I assume the visible "seam" is just a measure how how much the light faded in the short time it took to rotate 360° and shoot...

Can anyone recommend a decent tutorial or step-by-step description for sphere pano shots on the Mini 3 Pro?

Thanks.
Yes- I would love to have a really good tutorial on how to post those multi-exposure 360 panoramas. I know PT Gui or Kuula.co is the answer probably.

Dale
Miami

You’re on the right track. It’s automatically adjusting to the light conditions as the drone rotates so the only way to eliminate that is to use all manual settings (Pro) including white balance. Also don’t use PL filters when shooting panoramic because the angle of the sun will change as the drone turns relative to the effect of the polarization.

You can recreate this by pointing your camera around and watching the exposure value change every time you move.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2