DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Start Motors Different Than P4

GreggC

Reactions
Hey guys,
On my P4 I start the motors by placing the both sticks to the lower inner position.
The Mavic I place both sticks to the lower outer position.
Is there a way to change the Mavic to start like the P4 ??

Either one should work on the Mavic out-of-the-box. I have always started mine with the sticks down and in.

Reactions: DrTedC
My Mavic will not start with the sticks down and in.

Hey guys,
On my P4 I start the motors by placing the both sticks to the lower inner position.
The Mavic I place both sticks to the lower outer position.
Is there a way to change the Mavic to start like the P4 ??
Howdy GreggC, if you go into the menu you should be able to see the CSC (Command Stick Control) settings.
080531teq67bz63eab3zqz.png

Howdy GreggC, if you go into the menu you should be able to see the CSC (Command Stick Control) settings.
080531teq67bz63eab3zqz.png

I saw that in the menu however it said "Stop Motor Method"
What am I missing ??

There's another option regarding stopping the motors as well... I THINK that one is the emergencies only shown, the other is anytime. You should read up on them as well.

Anytime = you do that stick combination flying and could stop the motors and have the Mavic drop out of the sky. Recipe for an accident, OR personal preference and there may be some good reasons for it.

Emergency only = less of an accident, but you give up some control, and I can't tell you what constitutes an emergency.

I don't remember all the details just FYI. Check this out as well to be sure of the details and / or what settings you want.

I saw that in the menu however it said "Stop Motor Method"
What am I missing ??
You're not missing anything. That setting only affects a CSC after the motors are already running.

The motors should start when the sticks are in the down + in OR down + out position. If they don't, then try calibrating the remote controller in DJI GO (like this) to see if that resolves the issue.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
You're not missing anything. That setting only affects a CSC after the motors are already running.

The motors should start when the sticks are in the down + in OR down + out position. If they don't, then try calibrating the remote controller in DJI GO (like this) to see if that resolves the issue.

Fixed,
Works now,
Thank you.

Beat me to it...I was going to say ‘calibrate the remote’...lol.
Also be advised if you use an iPad Mini inserted into the ‘jaws’ of the remote be aware that one side has a magnet for the Apple magnetic folio cover...some have reported this can affect the joystick calibration.

Fly safe!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661