DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Started getting no video feed to phone and says "Aircraft Disconnected" often

So after I downgraded my bird to .600 everything has essentially worked well. I wonder if it was something to do with the DJI Goggle update that is causing issues.

I did try messing with the pop up that comes up when plugging your phone in (Charging, Transfer, etc.) and that didn't really seem to make a difference. So I'm thinking it's the .600 upgrade. I've maybe had the "Aircraft Disconnected" message maybe twice since doing it.

Glad you solved your problem without having to spend a fortune.
Unfortunately this forum is infested with IOS users who are liars (not all are) and envious. They do not help at all to solve the problems and lie by saying that IOS has no flaws! Just take a look at the app score (2.6) and the comments in the iTunes Store and it's clear that IOS has perhaps even more failures than Android.
In my opinion the problem is of DJI and not Apple or Google.
Unfortunately the users do not charge DJI, instead, they get one saying that the fault is of the system of the other while the two have a bad experience of use.
The best thing to do is with the money of an iPhone buy three or four Androids. If you have a problem with one then you use another.
If you buy an iPhone you can have problems in the same way except that you have spent a fortune.

Reactions: jcp411
Try using an official apple/android cable connected to the USB port on the bottom. I get what you describe all the time when in low signal areas. It seems the cellular interferes with the thin cable that connects my phone

I am an IOS user and am not a Liar.
I use IPad, made my own mount for it.
Works flawlessly.
Have had no problems with it, the app or the Drone.
Use bottom USB as it is a better connection. Lots of users problems ar related to the micro connector and that flimsy cable.

Video feed disconnection become more often with the latest firmware and dji go, the possibilities are:
1. A higher hardware requirement for the tablet. in my exp, I have got less disconnection when using Ipad mini 4 rather then Ipad mini 2 . Also disable live preview caching also helps, too.
2. Weather is getting hot and may cause the tablet, the controller and the aircraft overheat and throttling.
3. Move sensitive on radio interference.
4. Mavic just getting old and problem issue start coming out.

I'm having the same issues. I just did a donwgrade to .400 and now all is perfect!
I just dont believe on those fanboys saying that Android has more errors. If you look at iTunes store you will see that DJI Go 4 has a score lower than at Play Store. Android has a lot more user so a lot more people to talk about problems.
Not necessarily true, I am an android fan always have been my whole house is, but no matter what android device I used always some sort of problem with DJI products. Purchased an iPad no problems since with my phantoms or mavic. This is my personal experience,nothing I've read anywhere.

Not so much for the cable recommendation but does seem that the DJI cable is the culprit.

It's firmware of the mavic on 700 I have this issue a lot and the go 4 locks up. I downgraded back to 400 and all my issues are gone. Even the Android app doesn't lock up anymore.

Glad you solved your problem without having to spend a fortune.
Unfortunately this forum is infested with IOS users who are liars (not all are) and envious. They do not help at all to solve the problems and lie by saying that IOS has no flaws! Just take a look at the app score (2.6) and the comments in the iTunes Store and it's clear that IOS has perhaps even more failures than Android.
In my opinion the problem is of DJI and not Apple or Google.
Unfortunately the users do not charge DJI, instead, they get one saying that the fault is of the system of the other while the two have a bad experience of use.
The best thing to do is with the money of an iPhone buy three or four Androids. If you have a problem with one then you use another.
If you buy an iPhone you can have problems in the same way except that you have spent a fortune.

Oh boy. There's an android user. Don't buy a Honda, buy three or four Kia's instead.

The reality is, iOS users have less issues with DJI products. Search forum. Not lies... truth.

Android is a OS. Running on any hunk of junk China can muster. iOS and Apple is reliable and stable because they control all aspects of their products.

These drones were made with Apple in mind. You won't find a DJI video with a htc or google phone.

Reactions: Turbomon1
Can any of you who are having this problem try it with a different Android device and let us know which devices you are using? That would help deduce whether it's an app problem, FW issue, or a device problem.
I get it from time to time. Says aircraft disconnected but I can continue to have camera visuals and full telemetry. After a few moments it goes away. Only had it actually go grey out on me twice. Each time I parked in the sky and reset my phone and reconnected and flew home.

You can't downgrade that far anymore. .400 doesn't have Fix Wing Mode but seems to be the most stable.

You should try airplane mode and see if it still happens.

But also, I hate to say this but if your phone is laggy and freezing up, and the connection to the bird is good enough the. It's your phone. Android, specifically HTC and the like don't play well with DJI stuff from what I've seen. Also older iPhone generations have similar issues... iPhone 5, and 6 just don't have the Horsepower to process the video in a reliable fast way.

Android is the same, outside of the Samsung Galaxy S8 I don't believe there is a reliable high horsepower phone on the market that can keep up.

Go buy a iPad Mini, or go Apple.

I have an iPhone 7+ and I have never had any issues. It works great all the time, as I would expect my iPhone to do.
I have two HTC M8. The SIM card reader went bad on one so now I just use it as my fly phone. I do not run any net connection while flying. I always power up my controller first, then the go app then the mavic. I stripped all programs non fly related off the phone. Had a couple of cut offs but nothing major.

I am an IOS user and am not a Liar.
I use IPad, made my own mount for it.
Works flawlessly.
Have had no problems with it, the app or the Drone.
Use bottom USB as it is a better connection. Lots of users problems ar related to the micro connector and that flimsy cable.

Not all are liers! You can read this on my original reply.

You should have read in my text that "not all are" is not true?
Glad you're not one of those.
Lucky you bought an iPad that works well. Not everyone was as lucky as you and on this page we have a user saying that he has problems with his iPad and that he had other problems with other iPads.
It only proves what I say. The problem is of the DJI and unfortunately some envious people are saying that the problem is always the device of who is complaining and there we are wasting time in this eternal war.
Maybe, maybe, your problem was not your phones but the cables ... this is pure speculation.
The good thing is that you have managed to achieve your goal, which is to fly without problems.
Let's hope the next update does not ruin everything!

Oh boy. There's an android user. Don't buy a Honda, buy three or four Kia's instead.

The reality is, iOS users have less issues with DJI products. Search forum. Not lies... truth.

Android is a OS. Running on any hunk of junk China can muster. iOS and Apple is reliable and stable because they control all aspects of their products.

These drones were made with Apple in mind. You won't find a DJI video with a htc or google phone.

1)Don't buy a Honda, buy three or four Kia's instead.
If the product "X" is 3x more expensive and has the same problems then it seems logical to buy the product "Y" which is 3x cheaper and does the same thing with the same probability of defect.

2) The reality is, iOS users have less issues with DJI products. Search forum. Not lies... truth.
This is what I call lying and envious behavior.
So, why the DjiGo 4 has a score of 2.6 in iTunes Store and 2.8 in Play Store??? And where you find these number to say that this is the truth? All DJI users are here?
Android have a lot more users, so a lot more people talking about. Just take a look at iTunes Store and we see that iOS is not so good as you say!
3) Android is a OS. Running on any hunk of junk China can muster. iOS and Apple is reliable and stable because they control all aspects of their products.
Say things about yourself and not about people that you dont know. Apple is made in CHINA! I see a lot people complaining about Apple products. In fact we have here 4 iMacs whit logic board defects, 2 Cinema Display with spots on the screen. A MacPro that stop to work many times on a single day. Final Cut keep having the Force To Close bug!

Im a user of smartphone not a user of a brand.

4) These drones were made with Apple in mind. You won't find a DJI video with a htc or google phone.
Just take a look at the videos made with CristalSky Monitor. All are android!!! Why DJI whith Apple in mind make a Monitor with Android?

The point here is: DJI is having serious issues with software development. Her apps ALL have low scores on all systems.
Users can join and complain to DJI or they can stay like you, saying it's always the fault of the other's cell phone. (Even this being a lie)

1)Don't buy a Honda, buy three or four Kia's instead.
If the product "X" is 3x more expensive and has the same problems then it seems logical to buy the product "Y" which is 3x cheaper and does the same thing with the same probability of defect.

2) The reality is, iOS users have less issues with DJI products. Search forum. Not lies... truth.
This is what I call lying and envious behavior.
So, why the DjiGo 4 has a score of 2.6 in iTunes Store and 2.8 in Play Store??? And where you find these number to say that this is the truth? All DJI users are here?
Android have a lot more users, so a lot more people talking about. Just take a look at iTunes Store and we see that iOS is not so good as you say!
3) Android is a OS. Running on any hunk of junk China can muster. iOS and Apple is reliable and stable because they control all aspects of their products.
Say things about yourself and not about people that you dont know. Apple is made in CHINA! I see a lot people complaining about Apple products. In fact we have here 4 iMacs whit logic board defects, 2 Cinema Display with spots on the screen. A MacPro that stop to work many times on a single day. Final Cut keep having the Force To Close bug!

Im a user of smartphone not a user of a brand.

4) These drones were made with Apple in mind. You won't find a DJI video with a htc or google phone.
Just take a look at the videos made with CristalSky Monitor. All are android!!! Why DJI whith Apple in mind make a Monitor with Android?

The point here is: DJI is having serious issues with software development. Her apps ALL have low scores on all systems.
Users can join and complain to DJI or they can stay like you, saying it's always the fault of the other's cell phone. (Even this being a lie)

You're an idiot.

I know Apple iPhones are made in China. At the Apple manufacturing facility.

No android Phone builds the OS and the hardware besides Google I guess. But still iOS is not open sourced, Android is. It's inherently secure by comparison.

While we all know the Drone uses the OPEN SOURCE OS Android, it was built to be more friendly with Apple. They use Android because it's open source, cheaper, and easier than building one from scratch. The same way HTC and Samsung shell their own versions of Android OS.

If you search these forums, you will see... almost everyone agrees that Apple has more reliable performance.

Android freezes and crashes. I've never seen either of those ever happen on my iPhone 7+ or iPad Pro.

[emoji8]

You're an idiot.

I know Apple iPhones are made in China. At the Apple manufacturing facility.

No android Phone builds the OS and the hardware besides Google I guess. But still iOS is not open sourced, Android is. It's inherently secure by comparison.

While we all know the Drone uses the OPEN SOURCE OS Android, it was built to be more friendly with Apple. They use Android because it's open source, cheaper, and easier than building one from scratch. The same way HTC and Samsung shell their own versions of Android OS.

If you search these forums, you will see... almost everyone agrees that Apple has more reliable performance.

Android freezes and crashes. I've never seen either of those ever happen on my iPhone 7+ or iPad Pro.

[emoji8]

Being called an idiot by a liar is even a compliment!
:p

I've had my mavic just under a fortnight and today have had this issue, tried to connect it and the controller connects the the mavic but the phone says aircraft disconnected. Despite multiple restarts I could not get it to connect.

I have an IPhone 7 plus.

I've had my mavic just under a fortnight and today have had this issue, tried to connect it and the controller connects the the mavic but the phone says aircraft disconnected. Despite multiple restarts I could not get it to connect.

I have an IPhone 7 plus.
Has it connected in the past, and if it did would it crash?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13