DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

State Farm Insurance Policy - California?

luckydog125

Reactions
I am aware of the personal article policy many of you have purchased to cover the drone, but are any of you in California??? I have only tried one SF agent here in California (Los Angeles area) but they told me I cant purchase in California. I would LOVE to hear otherwise if you have been successful.

I think there's none in CA otherwise I got it already....not sure.

I'm in California (San Diego) and called my State Farm agent yesterday and she said she can't do it yet here in CA but that she expects their coverage policy to change soon. So as of now, sounds like we're out of luck unless we go through someone else.

Our agent told us to check back every 6 months, but as of last week it is still not available for coverage of drones here in CA

I am in CA and was recently able to add my equipment as a personal articles floater to my homeowners policy with Farmers.

It wasn't without some back and forth with underwriting regarding the categorization of the Mavic. After copying DJI's description of the Mavic from marketing material, we were able to add it as camera equipment. ~$40/year for roughly $2400 worth of coverage which includes all of the accessories (Goggles, iPad, etc.) dedicated to operating the Mavic.

"The DJI Mavic Pro is a small yet powerful drone that turns the sky into your creative canvas and without worry, helping you make every moment an aerial moment. Its compact size hides a high degree of complexity that makes it one of DJI's most sophisticated flying cameras ever. 24 high-performance computing cores, an all-new transmission system with a 4.3mi (7km) range, 4 vision sensors, and a 4K camera stabilized by a 3-axis mechanical gimbal, are at your command with just a push of your thumb or a tap of your finger."

For those of us who have an SF policy outside of CA, would we still be covered if traveling to CA?

If you join the AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) you get free liability insurance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midlifecrisis77