DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

State Farm insurance

Ynksfan27

Reactions
This has been covered in several threads but just wanted to let all the new drone owners in on a little secret. State Farm offers drone coverage under a personal article policy for 60 dollars a year. They covered the entire price of the Mavic 2 Zoom, Fly More kit, and RE goggles. 0 deductible and covers the drone if it’s lost or stolen as well. Highly recommend over DJI Refresh.

I recommend State Farm plus Refresh. Refresh if you have an incident and you have the drone to send back to DJI. I use State Farm for flyaways and loss of drone, such as irretrievable from the bottom of the ocean or in the forest.

State Farm is good to have but be careful filing a claim in the first year. They could cancel you at the end of the year instead of renew. Thats why, again, it's good to have both so that in your first year you could use Refresh.

I recommend State Farm plus Refresh. Refresh if you have an incident and you have the drone to send back to DJI. I use State Farm for flyaways and loss of drone, such as irretrievable from the bottom of the ocean or in the forest.

State Farm is good to have but be careful filing a claim in the first year. They could cancel you at the end of the year instead of renew. Thats why, again, it's good to have both so that in your first year you could use Refresh.

Excellent point! I actually do have both coverages right now and plan on extending my Refresh when it expires in September. Doesn’t hurt to have double coverage :)

Excellent point! I actually do have both coverages right now and plan on extending my Refresh when it expires in September. Doesn’t hurt to have double coverage :)

Refresh is a good selling point if the drone is out of warranty after 6 months or a year and the owner decides to get rid of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BD0G
Refresh only lasts a year, so it is concurrent with the warranty for the AC.
Refresh cannot be renewed.
Refresh+ extends the warranty on the whole package and must be purchased before refresh expires or you used up your two refresh. Plus gives you one extra year and one extra refresh.
Refresh+ begins when refresh ends.

Refresh only lasts a year, so it is concurrent with the warranty for the AC.
Refresh cannot be renewed.
Refresh+ extends the warranty on the whole package and must be purchased before refresh expires or you used up your two refresh. Plus gives you one extra year and one extra refresh.
Refresh+ begins when refresh ends.

Thanks for clarifying this.

Reactions: Former Member
No problem. I bought + not long after refresh when they were offering a discount around October.
What isn't completely clear in their documentation is if you have to wait for the refresh to expire (one year after purchase of refresh) before you can claim your third refresh.

What's also confusing, especially during that promo, is if you can purchase refresh after 48 hours of AC activation even with the video. The promo was making you believe the video could only be used during the promo.
I was able to get refresh after the 48 hours when they sent me an email that the app didn't appear to offer refresh. In the email they gave me 72 hours.

Sounds about right lol. You ask 3 different people at DJI and get 3 different answers. Here’s a recent chat I had with their support. Seemed like it should of been a pretty easy question.

d9824071e9bb8983bab49fd9876e2efb.jpg

Interesting, and nice to know about personal coverage for loss or theft. But can anyone shed some light on an affordable liability coverage? THAT would give me more of a warm and cozy than just coverage for my own carelessness, for which I can take my own responsibility.

Interesting, and nice to know about personal coverage for loss or theft. But can anyone shed some light on an affordable liability coverage? THAT would give me more of a warm and cozy than just coverage for my own carelessness, for which I can take my own responsibility.

Contact your home insurer and ask about an excess liabilty umbrella policy. Usually very cheap, and will cover you for just about everything. Just make sure there is not an aircraft exemption in the policy.

Reactions: pvs
Statefarm just informed me that they have raised their rates for 2019 to 75.00 for drones. I am in Georgia

Reactions: Young0ne
This has been covered in several threads but just wanted to let all the new drone owners in on a little secret. State Farm offers drone coverage under a personal article policy for 60 dollars a year. They covered the entire price of the Mavic 2 Zoom, Fly More kit, and RE goggles. 0 deductible and covers the drone if it’s lost or stolen as well. Highly recommend over DJI Refresh.

I spoke with two State Farm agents in the Los Angeles area and neither were familiar with the type of drone coverage you are mentioning.
Maybe this type of coverage is not offered in the state of California?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fuckyoupaymenowww