DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

State farm policy questions

black_magic100

Reactions
I bought my drone on here and paid with Paypal, how would I go about showing them a receipt? Is a paypal invoice acceptable?

If I ensure the remote and buy a new one can I transfer the policy since the serial numbers would be different?

Is it recommended to go and see an agent in person or is email/phone faster?

Will they insure up to what I paid I guess?

Read you policy. Then talk to your agent. I'd go in person. Good luck

Yes Paypal invoice is fine. If you are in California State Farm will not insure your drone under a personal articles policy. The policy only insures the drone that you submit the serial number for.
Email is great for my agent or a call is just as good.

I sent them basic pictures of the drone and my gear as well as a picture of the receipt and serial number. That was more than enough.

My policy is 5 dollars a month and covers everything associated with the drone except the bag and the tablet. Covers all potential damages - fire, water damage, crash, etc. Also covers theft or vandalism.

I expect to be able to exercise one claim on the policy and to think that one can be covered again and again may be a bit far fetched.

I've added all three of my drones and camera stuff with the Amazon (or where ever I bought it) receipts to my PAP. I crashed my P4P and got the claim approved with the PayPal invoice @Thunderdrones sent to me, all through email. I don't recall ever going to my agent's office for anything.

Reactions: Former Member
Went to the agents office since it was nearby. I was out in like 15 minutes. You can make changes to your policy at any time. You'll just need to prove you have it and receipt. So you can replace the remote on file.

Okay so I called a gentlemen from the reddit list of state farm agents State Farm UAS Agents and spoke with somebody at state farm, but the person I was looking for was out of the office and will call me back tomorrow.

I am slightly worried about this post though that I stumbled upon Be very careful with the State Farm drone insurance policy. • r/drones.

It seems like people are pretty divided on whether or not this insurance is a good thing or not. I am only 20 (turning 21 in march) so I will not be buying a house for several years, but if I do buy something like an apartment or condo could this effect me whatsoever if I make a claim? I have absolutely no idea how insurance works so please excuse my ignorance on the topic.

Made a large claim on my Statefarm Home Owners policy about 5 months ago. Cargo Trailer and all contents were stolen. There has been No effect on the cost of my existing premium as of todays date.

Even if they bump your policy 10 bucks or even 20 a month the additional costs will still not equal what one is paid if they file a claim for a replacement Mavic Pro.

I called State Farm and inquired about a policy to insure my Mavic, and one of the things they want to know is what year my home was built and is it brick or frame? I don’t understand what this has to do with anything. My homeowners policy is with another company so why does it matter to State Farm?

Made a large claim on my Statefarm Home Owners policy about 5 months ago. Cargo Trailer and all contents were stolen. There has been No effect on the cost of my existing premium as of todays date.

Even if they bump your policy 10 bucks or even 20 a month the additional costs will still not equal what one is paid if they file a claim for a replacement Mavic Pro.
I gotta say your incorrect. They paid for everything. Wrote a check for 1309.00 and send it next day

if yur looking for drone insurance thru state farm and you want only drone insurance you need to ask for the "personal articles policy" this is a stand alone policy that will cover yur tablet,drones,batteries,nd filters and anything related to the drone to include tab or cell holders laptops,etc etc, i have state farm and i had a claim for my mavic pro,they cut a check same day and i was able to replace the mavic pro.no deductable at all and im on my 2nd yr of having the policy,no cancellations at all because of the claim, 60 a yr is the best bet. im on the east coast, if you need a agent to call pm me ill be glad to give you the contact info

Reactions: Lbesing
State Farm insured my MP and my Spark for $30 each per year here in VA. Personal Articles Policy. Too bad they don't have a multi-drone discount like they have for cars lol (yes, I asked). But I did give them the invoice of the purchases (screenshots are okay) as well as if I purchased extra batteries. They covered them with no problems.

Reactions: johnsctt78
im still debating on state farm or dji refresh (im past the 48hrs window).
If i had bought my unit brand new for a sale price and crashed it, would state farm reimburse me the full retail price or the sale price that i bought it for?

I called State Farm and inquired about a policy to insure my Mavic, and one of the things they want to know is what year my home was built and is it brick or frame? I don’t understand what this has to do with anything. My homeowners policy is with another company so why does it matter to State Farm?

Because they want your other business.

Reactions: Lbesing

So that when you file a drone claim they can put a lien on your property.
Just kidding!

Reactions: QuadBot
im still debating on state farm or dji refresh (im past the 48hrs window).
If i had bought my unit brand new for a sale price and crashed it, would state farm reimburse me the full retail price or the sale price that i bought it for?
with state farm you have full coverage for all yur extras, the price would be the market price, you will need to give serial#

They did that dance (house info) to me last February as well, when I stopped by an SF agent (picked at random). Not sure why.

I put a $300 toy grade Holy Stone drone and a recently purchased HP Win10 laptop on it at the time. $5/month or $60/yr, zero deductible. They said they could cover most things on the list if purchased with past 2 years.

Fast forward 6 months and I needed to put my newly purchased Mavic Pro Fly More Combo on the policy. Called the same agent, then sent electronic copies via emsil of invoice, photo of box showing serial number and a photo of the drone. They added it on same day without any muss or fuss, or additional premium. I'm in Texas.

Got my policy on August 3rd, paid the premium for the year. They required me to bring the Mavic to the office so they could "verify that it exists". That's all done, right? Wrong- Got an email today, saying the receipt I emailed them was hard to read, and could I print it out and bring it to them? I did. Getting tired of this crap.

Fast forward 6 months and I needed to put my newly purchased Mavic Pro Fly More Combo on the policy. Called the same agent, then sent electronic copies via emsil of invoice, photo of box showing serial number and a photo of the drone. They added it on same day without any muss or fuss, or additional premium. I'm in Texas.[/QUOTE]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daly_mail