DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

strange crash with mavic pro

johnsctt78

Reactions
hi guys
had a strange crash today with my mavic pro,im trying to get the flight logs to airdata but there seems to be a issue today uploading flight info,i have 2 vids in this thread, can anyone give some input what it might look like as far as what happened,the props were on securely etc.and calibration was correct.looks likeim calling state farm tommrrow for a claim for replacement

Were all the props installed correctly? (Where the "hubs" still in the motors when you got to it after the crash?)

Bird strike?

Bird strike mate. Right at 11 seconds you can see a hit from the right.

Can you screenshot and circle it? I can't see it playing at 0.25 speed

I would have expected the mavic to recover after a hit at 50+ft especially seeing non of the arms were broken... Also the fact that a lot of birds were flying means it wouldn't have been a hawk, eagle or any other bird of prey that attacked it...
Non birds of prey will usually give warning signs before say dive bombing...

Another theory is you flew into a flock of geese or swans! Those are large enough that an accidental hit could break one of the legs causing a spin out... But the Mavic was intact right??

hi guys
montypaks the right rear leg broke off,but did not tear the wires in the leg(is the leg replacement a big job?),the front ob sensor has a small fracture in it,
would a cold temp have anything to do with this?montypaks check out this log file of the flight,
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

It's looking like a prop with hub coming off right rear. Is that possible

Maybe. The initial reaction was to roll left which would seem to imply the loss of lift on the left side, but I've seen a few of cases where that reasoning seemed to lead to the wrong conclusion. We really need to see the DAT file to answer that definitively.

How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File from the AC

Reactions: wsteele
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga