DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

strange crash with mavic pro

ive had my mavic pro for about 30 hrs now. just got back from its second round of flying, and during battery 2 of 3, my mavic got attacked by a whole fighter wing of spur-winged plovers. was only about 150m away from me, flying via camera. was two quick flashes of black, and when i looked up there was 8 or 9 birds dive bombing her, so i went to sport mode and out-climbed themto 80-90m then gapped it. was awesome and scary at the same time. im in new zealand so there chicks were able to fly. flew another 3km south and on the way back, set rth height at 100m to avoid them. hit the record button so i could video them on the way back, but couldnt see them. moral of the story, bird strikes are real... and agressive introduced species suck. bird strike isnt a problem you get from a flightless bird like a kiwi, lol

I had the same problem last sunday....My Mavic lost compass and start spinning and crash down. Alot of damage. In the flight log, no record about the compass error but it was on the screen ''COMPASS ERROR''.I had my goggles in my face and it was clear...the compass stoped

I fly an Inspire as well as a Mavic. I've had a compass error on the Inspire in the past and the machine started doing its own thing. On the Inspire you have the option to switch to ATTI mode which shuts off the compass and gps and allows you take control of the machine. Unfortunately at the moment the Mavic will not allow you to do this. If this option was available I feel a lot of the these compass problems could be recovered and crashes avoided.

No doubt you'll get your turn, see how smug you feel then.
Enjoy your drone.

I've had one Phantom (P2) DOA so even that attempted logical fallacy not going to work either. And unlike you, apparently, I expect a certain frequency of failure due to both bad components and faulty assembly. I keep thinking that you cannot be serious with these silly comments since your implicit expectation, that they never fail, is, obviously, completely unreasonable. I guess your attempts to defend it are entertaining though.

I've had one Phantom (P2) DOA so even that attempted logical fallacy not going to work either. And unlike you, apparently, I expect a certain frequency of failure due to both bad components and faulty assembly. I keep thinking that you cannot be serious with these silly comments since your implicit expectation, that they never fail, is, obviously, completely unreasonable. I guess your attempts to defend it are entertaining though.

Oh thank you wise voice of reason.
Here I was still feeling a little bit upset that my 7 month old, $1600aud drone just dropped out of the sky without any codes or warnings...

I feel very much better now after chatting with you,

Merry Christmas.

Oh thank you wise voice of reason.
Here I was still feeling a little bit upset that my 7 month old, $1600aud drone just dropped out of the sky without any codes or warnings...

I feel very much better now after chatting with you,

Merry Christmas.

I understand your frustration and I agree that it sucks when it's yours that fails - I just don't think that you are being reasonable in your expectations. Plus you never posted your txt log from the flight, and so it was really impossible to draw any firm conclusions about what happened. These are remarkably reliable machines overall.

Anyway - Merry Christmas to you too - I hope the replacement survives better than the original.

I understand your frustration and I agree that it sucks when it's yours that fails - I just don't think that you are being reasonable in your expectations. Plus you never posted your txt log from the flight, and so it was really impossible to draw any firm conclusions about what happened. These are remarkably reliable machines overall.

Anyway - Merry Christmas to you too - I hope the replacement survives better than the original.

I wasn't able to post my flight logs as the only people who had that was DJI.
They weren't stored where they should be because I had to fly in airplane mode and have cache to device turned off just to watch the vision coming in.

What good would posting them do anyway?
It wouldn't have altered DJIs response to the lost craft....all they saw was that it turned over in flight and the signal was lost (when it went under water)

I wasn't able to post my flight logs as the only people who had that was DJI.
They weren't stored where they should be because I had to fly in airplane mode and have cache to device turned off just to watch the vision coming in.

What good would posting them do anyway?
It wouldn't have altered DJIs response to the lost craft....all they saw was that it turned over in flight and the signal was lost (when it went under water)

None of that makes any sense. DJI doesn't have your aircraft, obviously, so all they can have is the log from your mobile device, which stores detailed txt logs whatever mode you are in. If DJI has the log then that means it is on your device and you can access it.

What use would they be? Have you not read any of the threads where those get posted for analysis? There are often more than enough data in those files to determine exactly what happened. Whether or not it might contain information that would allow you to challenge or question DJI's response is hard to say since you haven't analyzed it or shared it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga