DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Super slow shots in the forest |🔅HDR🔅

I REALLY like that one!! Totally relaxing video w/music & sound effects to enhance it! I agree, some of your 'fly-bys' were really gutzy to do. The waterfalls are spectacular!

Reactions: Marco Cantieni
I REALLY like that one!! Totally relaxing video w/music & sound effects to enhance it! I agree, some of your 'fly-bys' were really gutzy to do. The waterfalls are spectacular!
Thanks for your lengthy comment. Very much appreciated.

I enjoyed being calmed on this very cold and rainy day here in the UK.
I loved your low flying footage very much coupled with the music made it a much better day. Thumbswayup

some of your 'fly-bys' were really gutzy to do
Just a few words to your comments. I first started with prop guards that gave me courage to fly close to branches and through tight spaces. But these things don’t provide much protection against small branches. So I left them off after the first contact.

Next up obstacle avoidance. The slower you fly the better the chances that the electronic can protect without over reacting and literally get your bird locked up in position because of obstacles sensed everywhere. Turning the obstacle avoidance off helps a lot but require some practice to fly slow. It‘s much easier to learn than to master skateboarding 😉

After 5hours flight time in the woods I‘m able to fly close contact and stay calm.

Reactions: Barbara
4 years of flying high it was great fun to stay under 30 feet to create slow and calming shots in the forest.
Hi Marco,
wow, this is absolutely amazing and looks outstanding! No need to shoot at "high level" to obtain fantastic shots as you show us with your "low-level-Shot" video! The music fits perfectly whit the images, big compliment for this video which stands out from the great mass 👍👍👍 You have a very good fortographic eye!
cheers Paul

Hi Marco,
wow, this is absolutely amazing and looks outstanding! No need to shoot at "high level" to obtain fantastic shots as you show us with your "low-level-Shot" video! The music fits perfectly whit the images, big compliment for this video which stands out from the great mass 👍👍👍 You have a very good fortographic eye!
cheers Paul
Thanks Paul for your encouraging comment. I'm glad you've had fun watching 😀

Love this. Low altitude, tight space shots are some of my favorite drone footage. Also great job with the music choice and sound design!!

Hey Marco,
this looks awesome! Where are those taken? Seems so familiar to me, most of the time I spent time flying in the area of Baden-Baden, Buehl, Murgtal, Hornisgrinde :)!

Hey Marco,
this looks awesome! Where are those taken? Seems so familiar to me, most of the time I spent time flying in the area of Baden-Baden, Buehl, Murgtal, Hornisgrinde :)!
Thanks! The footage has been shot in the area of Oppenau, Buehlertal and Kehl. So not too far away from your flying spots

Really nice relaxing video. Thank you for sharing your awesome work. I just subscribed to your channel.

Just a few words to your comments. I first started with prop guards that gave me courage to fly close to branches and through tight spaces. But these things don’t provide much protection against small branches. So I left them off after the first contact.

Next up obstacle avoidance. The slower you fly the better the chances that the electronic can protect without over reacting and literally get your bird locked up in position because of obstacles sensed everywhere. Turning the obstacle avoidance off helps a lot but require some practice to fly slow. It‘s much easier to learn than to master skateboarding 😉

After 5hours flight time in the woods I‘m able to fly close contact and stay calm.
Yes, I did some slow flying in the woods this past summer and although there was plenty of space to fly past things, my drone DID get hung up as it slowly passed a fallen tree trunk at an angle and then came close to another in front. It stopped and I tried to reverse it but it would not move.

I tried to move it left and right, but it still would not move. I tried and tried to get it to move but it was just stuck there hovering. Thankfully it was at a height that I could reach up and grab it and move it out of its stuck spot, otherwise I would have had a stuck drone and it would have eventually landed itself and hit the tree angled across it below and probably done some expensive damage.

I am glad I had that experience to know it can get stuck all by itself yet was low enough for me to grab it and move it. I will be very careful in future about doing such flying.

Yes, I did some slow flying in the woods this past summer and although there was plenty of space to fly past things, my drone DID get hung up as it slowly passed a fallen tree trunk at an angle and then came close to another in front. It stopped and I tried to reverse it but it would not move.

I tried to move it left and right, but it still would not move. I tried and tried to get it to move but it was just stuck there hovering. Thankfully it was at a height that I could reach up and grab it and move it out of its stuck spot, otherwise I would have had a stuck drone and it would have eventually landed itself and hit the tree angled across it below and probably done some expensive damage.

I am glad I had that experience to know it can get stuck all by itself yet was low enough for me to grab it and move it. I will be very careful in future about doing such flying.
Your story reminds me of my flight with a Syma H8HG in 2016. Its a very basic 100 bucks machine with no GPS and just an altimeter to hold the height.

I started near a tree with dry branches over a small lake. 10 sec. later the Syma got stucked in one of these branches in approximately 6 meters height. Great! I drove home to get a wooden slat to fish down the drone from the branch. It worked but guess where it came down… Yeees, exactly in the small lake.

20 seconds later the drone sunk to the ground. Shoes off, trousers off followed by a brave jump. Gosh is that cold water!! It was end of October. I‘ve searched but without a rescue. This little lake is now equiped with a Syma H8HG, pimped with a Gopro like camera from China.

Sweet little adventure

Amazing video Marco, bravissimo! I particularly like both your editing, however you've demonstrated a mastery on the sticks navigating the tight spaces of the forest. It was peaceful and calming, thanks to great music and sound, contributing to the cinematic look and quality. I can't wait for spring to get out and practice my low flying skills.

Your story reminds me of my flight with a Syma H8HG in 2016. Its a very basic 100 bucks machine with no GPS and just an altimeter to hold the height.

I started near a tree with dry branches over a small lake. 10 sec. later the Syma got stucked in one of these branches in approximately 6 meters height. Great! I drove home to get a wooden slat to fish down the drone from the branch. It worked but guess where it came down… Yeees, exactly in the small lake.

20 seconds later the drone sunk to the ground. Shoes off, trousers off followed by a brave jump. Gosh is that cold water!! It was end of October. I‘ve searched but without a rescue. This little lake is now equiped with a Syma H8HG, pimped with a Gopro like camera from China.

Sweet little adventure
Ohhhh, so yours got stuck there hovering in flight but not being able to move up down, left or right? Did it have sensors on it that blocked it from moving? That's why mine got stuck in that open spot. I might have tried to climb the tree instead if I were you with your stuck Syma. Mine was just stuck in mid-air, hovering away between branches and tree trunks all around it, but would not respond to any inputs from the sticks because the sensors were not allowing it to move in any direction.

I'm pleased I did not have to take off my clothes and jump in a cold lake. You should get a strong magnet and a thin rope and go back to where it went in and throw out the magnet and keep dragging it back. You might find that eventually it will grab on to what's left of that drone and at least you could get the GoPro type camera back.

Last edited:
Amazing video Marco, bravissimo! I particularly like both your editing, however you've demonstrated a mastery on the sticks navigating the tight spaces of the forest. It was peaceful and calming, thanks to great music and sound, contributing to the cinematic look and quality. I can't wait for spring to get out and practice my low flying skills.
Thank you! This video definitely challenged my flying skills. I tried the Cinesticks from „Scotty Makes Stuff“. But I discarded these sticks after a few flights and went with extendable sticks hand my steady fingers 😊

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb