DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Switching between DJIGO and Litchi on Android

atatistcheff

Reactions
I was switching between Litchi and the DJI app the other day and the only way I could get the apps to connect was to go into my app settings and clear the defaults. Otherwise the non default app would never connect to the controller. Is there an easier way?

Incidentally, I was doing this because Litchi doesn't have a gimbal roll adjustment.

You could adjust it in waypoint mode but I am guessing you want free gimbal movement etc. Only way not to conflict at moment is to select the app when connecting the phone to controller and select instance = just once. Else it's default mode and clearing if you want to change.

Good Luck.,

Yes. This is an infuriating problem with one version of Android, probably a Samsung I bet? They did away with the select once and have it set to default each time

Don't choose a default, then you "only" need to disconnect/reconnect the USB cable, the popup will come back and you select the other.
It seems some phones and/or carrier-customized ROMs have an extra setting that must be enabled to allow the "only once" choice, and some have it completely disabled.

Enable developer options on the phone and select USB De-bugging . Mine does not give the option to select what app to use unless I have de-bugging enabled . Of course the individual apps are also set to not default to use that app.

Yes. This is an infuriating problem with one version of Android, probably a Samsung I bet? They did away with the select once and have it set to default each time

Yes it's a Galaxy S7, it is annoying that it always changes the default and doesn't give the option of prompting each time. I will try enabling USB debugging as suggested later in this thread and see how that works.

There are apps that can intervene for this but annoyingly it doesn't work with USB initiated app opening. It's such a pain clearing the defaults that it totally stops me switching apps which is a shame. I'm sure a programmer could program a simple app that cleared all defaults. Sadly I cant

I was having the same issue. I uninstalled the DJIGo4 app from my S5Active. I used Litchi with no problem. I need to figure out a way to use both. I will try the USB debugging and reinstall DJIGo app see if this works

I have a similar problem. Am using Nvidia Shield tablet and uninstalled DJIGO4 app and reinstalled. Now the DJI GO4 app wants me to sign into my DJI acct. When I do that it then asks for me to enter a verification code. The problem is that the instruction wording is covering up the code. I tried several times, no luck. Called DJI tech support they told me they don't guarantee that Nvidia tablet is compatible and to try reinstalling app again. I hung up on her, reinstalled app. Nope, it still does not work Any ideas???

I tried the Go4 app again on my S5Active. I have Litchi and Go4 both on the old phone. I can connect with Go4 not problem. When I try Litchi and change the USB default I still get no video on Litchi. I can fly the drone with GPS and Map View but not camera signal. So I choose not to fly. If I uninstall the Go4 app I can use Litchi with both GPS and camera view. Has something to do with the USB default. I am not setting it to default to either Litchi or Go4 it prompts me every time I connect and I choose the app at startup but Litchi still wont work. I am an Android guy. Don't care for Apple. I am either going to buy a Mini 4 to use both or just use 2 devices with each app solely on the device. One with Go4 for updates and certain quickshot features and Litchi for Waypoints.

Glad I found this thread because my Samsung S6 defaulted to the Litchi app automatically once I downloaded and installed it. It blocked the DJI Go 4 app. It was infuriating.

For the last 15 minutes, I've been sitting here, playing with the issue, and I came to the solution a different way. I picked a different USB option in my settings, and now it asks me which one I want. I like things in both apps; wish they could be combined into one app.

What I like best about the Litchi app is the ability to create and upload missions offline. I love it!!!! I also am very happy about the Litchi app uploading my flight logs automatically. Otherwise, so far, I have no beef against the DJI Go 4 app on my phone.

Anyways, now instead of contemplating ditching the Litchi app, I can now use either one without resorting to cussing like the sailor I am. :D

I use a samsung S8. I have activated USB debugging.

Each time i connect the RC i get a choice of 3 options. DJI GO4, Drone Harmony or AirMap. Select what i want and it loads. Make sure i dont select set as default option.

Reactions: GavieboyDji
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi