DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Sydney Eastern Suburbs

TerryToast

Reactions
Site
youtube.com
Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs is a trendy region in close proximity to the Sydney CBD, which is well known for its famous beaches, wonderful coastal walks and harbour access. It is loved by locals and tourists and is a popular location for young singles and working professionals.

Enjoy!

Nice smooth footage, composition and good editing . . . the surf / surfing shots were a favourite.

The Coogee to Bondi walk along the cliffs is very popular now, was that part of the footage around 3:00 ?

How on Earth did you get to fly Sydney Harbour near the bridge / opera house ?
I think that is a total permanent NFZ, but I have seen drone ops given approval, usually very high end projects for tourism / mildly famous drone pilots.

I personally wouldn't have flown some of the places with people below, too much risk for me.
Occasionally I've gone over people by accident, but try and avoid them by the 30m lateral.

Reactions: TerryToast
The Bondi to Coogee walk is very popular. The vid covers a few sections of it: Bondi, Bronte, Waverley Cemetery and Coogee.

The footage “near the bridge” which mentioned, is actually a lot further away than you think. You can see Fort Denison in foreground, which places the drone at least 3km from the bridge. Then add the zooming done in post, putting the drone even further away.

Personally I’ve never flown anywhere near the bridge or opera house. I’ve heard CASA has the whole area monitored with drone detection equipment. That said, maybe that’s BS as it’s not unusual to see drones flying in the area there. I personally saw a DJI Inspire flying around the opera house last month, at night, when I was there for a show.

If you fly in any suburb, of any city, you’re almost certainly flying over people. You’re also guilty if you fly over any roads, forests, houses, etc, even if the country. I don’t want to get into a debate on drone laws, but it’s very difficult to be 100% certain that you’re following every rule, every second that you fly.

Reactions: tived
Beautiful footage. My daughter and her family are moving to Australia next year and I cannot wait for the opportunity to visit again.

First of all, great video all the way around! Great flying, music, editing, shot choices, etc. If, from time-to-time, you take for granted you live in an wonderful place, just take out this video and watch it.

Beautiful footage. My daughter and her family are moving to Australia next year and I cannot wait for the opportunity to visit again.
I’m sure your daughter will love it here Jim. Out of interest, is she moving to Sydney? It’s the latest city with the best beaches, so it attracts a lot of young professionals.

First of all, great video all the way around! Great flying, music, editing, shot choices, etc. If, from time-to-time, you take for granted you live in an wonderful place, just take out this video and watch it.
I agree Dave. One of my favourite things about flying drones, is falling in love again with Earth’s beauty.

The Bondi to Coogee walk is very popular. The vid covers a few sections of it: Bondi, Bronte, Waverley Cemetery and Coogee.

* The footage “near the bridge” which mentioned, is actually a lot further away than you think. You can see Fort Denison in foreground, which places the drone at least 3km from the bridge. Then add the zooming done in post, putting the drone even further away.

Personally I’ve never flown anywhere near the bridge or opera house. I’ve heard CASA has the whole area monitored with drone detection equipment. That said, maybe that’s BS as it’s not unusual to see drones flying in the area there. I personally saw a DJI Inspire flying around the opera house last month, at night, when I was there for a show.

** If you fly in any suburb, of any city, you’re almost certainly flying over people. You’re also guilty if you fly over any roads, forests, houses, etc, even if the country. I don’t want to get into a debate on drone laws, but it’s very difficult to be 100% certain that you’re following every rule, every second that you fly.

Yep, thought that popular fitness trail was seen in parts.

* Ok, not wanting to get into policing about it either, but pilots have to know to check the CASA apps.
Almost the entire harbour is a NFZ, just check any app, certainly that was within the zone.

SH_OK2Fly.jpg <click to enlarge

** There's a BIG difference in all those scenarios, than to fly over doing a deliberate top down over a populated beach with sunbathers etc.
You must recognise that ?

I've certainly looked at some of my footage on the computer later at home and noticed the dog walker on the rocky beach, or kids swimming in Cudgen Ck when I flew over, the small viewing devices are certainly hard to see everything as clear at the time of flight . . . small detail, bright light on screens etc.

Anyway, nice job on the whole video as I said, and I think CASA is far to busy with regular manned aircraft airspace stuff to go trawling through YouTube or forums.

Yep, thought that popular fitness trail was seen in parts.

* Ok, not wanting to get into policing about it either, but pilots have to know to check the CASA apps.
Almost the entire harbour is a NFZ, just check any app, certainly that was within the zone.

View attachment 155600 <click to enlarge

** There's a BIG difference in all those scenarios, than to fly over doing a deliberate top down over a populated beach with sunbathers etc.
You must recognise that ?

I've certainly looked at some of my footage on the computer later at home and noticed the dog walker on the rocky beach, or kids swimming in Cudgen Ck when I flew over, the small viewing devices are certainly hard to see everything as clear at the time of flight . . . small detail, bright light on screens etc.

Anyway, nice job on the whole video as I said, and I think CASA is far to busy with regular manned aircraft airspace stuff to go trawling through YouTube or forums.
Thanks. You’ll probably have a laugh at this but finding a song that I liked and which suited the content, was probably the hardest part. Next time I think I’ll copy the masses and simply use a Tony Anderson song. ;)

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I’m sure your daughter will love it here Jim. Out of interest, is she moving to Sydney? It’s the latest city with the best beaches, so it attracts a lot of young professionals.
Alas no. She'll be living far inland. But we'll almost certainly spend a few days in Sydney on the way in or out.

Alas no. She'll be living far inland. But we'll almost certainly spend a few days in Sydney on the way in or out.
I grew up in rural Australia and I loved it. In general, country people are very friendly and welcoming, there’s lots of fun stuff to do (but different - like dirt biking) and houses are cheap. A great place to raise a family.

Do you know what town your daughter is moving to? There’s a lot of difference depending on which town you live in. Mudgee for example is stunningly beautiful with wine tasting and tourists flocking there, whereas nearby Dubbo is an absolute dump.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique