DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet question

I use a Tab A and am satisfied with it. Go 4 version 4.1.15 is what works (4.1.18 hosed my video). The display is very usable even in full sun. Be mindful that it is under-powered and Litchi would not run on it. Given its limitations, I would look for a more powerful unit. Since I had the Tab A before my MP and it works, I have not looked for a replacement.

Reactions: Exphantomflyer
What Top Hat said. I was hemming and hawing (or I guess pitching and yawing) between the Tab A and the Tab S2. I ended up going with the Tab S2 because of the fast dual-core processor and double the RAM. It's also a bit shorter than the iPad Mini 4 so should fit the handles at least as well (although I think I'll have to shim up the mounts as the S2 is pretty skinny. Plus Samsung was selling them for $100 off with a 15 day return policy so I figure if I can't make it work it's no skin.

The Tab A might work with current software but with things improving feature wise, and to keep open your option for using a resource intensive third-party controller software, go for all the processor, RAM, and GPU you can.

I run a Tab A running GO v 4.1.18 with no issues as of yesterday's mini update. I use it solely for my MP, so there aren't a lot of apps and bloatware hogging memory and processor power. I also disabled every app that wasn't necessary.

I use a Tab A and am satisfied with it. Go 4 version 4.1.15 is what works (4.1.18 hosed my video). The display is very usable even in full sun. Be mindful that it is under-powered and Litchi would not run on it. Given its limitations, I would look for a more powerful unit. Since I had the Tab A before my MP and it works, I have not looked for a replacement.

Try updating again. I was having the same issue but it seems to have been resolved with the exception of viewing any sphere panos you may take. I'm trying to figure out a simple workaround for that now.

Seems to be a mixed set of results from reading this and the other thread, I'll continue looking

I'm aware of the list but I'd rather have personal opinions

Last edited:
Try updating again. I was having the same issue but it seems to have been resolved with the exception of viewing any sphere panos you may take. I'm trying to figure out a simple workaround for that now.
Ok, I will give it a shot. I have the .15 version available in case I need it. Given DJI's history of releasing buggy software I would recommend everyone have a working version available.

Ok, I will give it a shot. I have the .15 version available in case I need it. Given DJI's history of releasing buggy software I would recommend everyone have a working version available.
Yea, I'll be keeping the .15 .apk around for a little while in case .18 breaks after another "Fix"

In the interim, I used DJI Media maker to stitch the Pano file folder together, sent them to my phone, uploaded them to Tiny Planet Maker (free in Play Store) and got this image to play with.

Attachments

• IMG_20171129_152709_508.jpg
    IMG_20171129_152709_508.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 13
Samsung TAB A6 is a crap. It is running Lollipop. I was not able to use Go4 app on it as the video was lagging and knows what else. Did not went too much into that as it was enough after 2-3 try outs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J