DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Take off error

lolobismavic

Reactions
Hi everyone! Today I went to the beach. It was my 10th flight. I made an automatic take off with the app. It climbs to 1m and the motors shut down. It crashes on the sand. No damages except sands on the mavic.
But it is very strange and dangerous. The remote said take off error.
Do you have more infos?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

There are some other posts about the exact same issue. It seems that there's a bug in automatic takeoff with the current firmware. I think no one should use that right now until it's fixed, hopefully DJI has been made aware.

Reactions: rcheli9
Just wondering what the reason is to use automatic take off. I like having full control of motor start up and lift off.

I think it's this automation fixation that most people have. Like locking the door to your vehicle with the fob, when you are standing beside the door, instead of just reaching over and pressing the button? o_O

Reactions: IcySparks
Hi everyone! Today I went to the beach. It was my 10th flight. I made an automatic take off with the app. It climbs to 1m and the motors shut down. It crashes on the sand. No damages except sands on the mavic.
But it is very strange and dangerous. The remote said take off error.
Do you have more infos?

See the thread I started regarding this fatal bug:

Motor Stop and Crash in Auto Takeoff Mode

I think it's this automation fixation that most people have. Like locking the door to your vehicle with the fob, when you are standing beside the door, instead of just reaching over and pressing the button? o_O
My reason for trying the auto takeoff (for the first time since purchase a month ago) was simply to explore the functionality of the app and see if it might be useful to me. Whether or not the feature is a good idea to have or use, is separate from the fact that there is a fatal and potentially dangerous bug that must be corrected. Motor Stop and Crash in Auto Takeoff Mode

Last edited:
Just wondering what the reason is to use automatic take off. I like having full control of motor start up and lift off.

It's a nice feature that I personally like using. It's integrated with the GPS home lock and the landing zone photo.

It should not make any difference tbh. I wonder that even if auto was not used if the Mavic would have reacted the same way a few seconds after engaging the motors.

Hi,
Don't want to seem too contrary, but that's not true.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
I've read from others that the 3.XXX is not recommended for the newest firmware update. I also had issues till I stated using the 4.0.2 go app. What are you basing your opinion on?

Just my experience so far, so it's the only thing I can go on. Using Go 3..0.1 (google maps, follow the craft etc) with latest firmware with zero problems. Trouble is, there's so much conflicting info on this and other threads you don't know what to believe!
I've always been an immediate updater, but at the moment there's a good argument for if it ain't broke etc.....

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Last edited:
As far as I understand, that's incorrect. You need to ascend to at least 10 meters before precision landing takes te picture?

Correct - that's what it says in the manual. Those downward cameras must have a substantial amount of zoom.

Someone else wrote that when they start a flight they ascend to the height of the tallest thing around and do a 360 to check, then set the RTH height. That seems like a good habit, and would also take care of the precision landing photo.

Reactions: Wacker2611
Maybe I should just cancel my preorder...

I am holding off updating to the latest firmware and have no issues, running the firmware the aircraft came with. Yesterday I was flying in gusts of up to 32MPH, she flew like a charm. I was even using the auto take off feature. If you receive your aircraft just do not update to the latest firmware, even if the DJI GO 4 app notifies you, like it does for me.

As far as I understand, that's incorrect. You need to ascend to at least 10 meters before precision landing takes te picture?
There are 2 automatic takeoffs. If you press the auto takeoff button on the app, it goes up about 3-4 feet. If you check the box (for precision takeoff) above the green bar that you slide to the right in the app, it goes up about 30 feet and stops. I used the precision takeoff and also the non-precision auto takeoff without issue. I used RTH after using precision takeoff and it landed within about 2 inches of the takeoff point. (This is on iPhone, not sure if app display is same for Android) I found a good video someone did of the precision takeoff/landing.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54