DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking a Drone to Panama

jproach2020

Reactions
Has anyone recently flown into Panama City, Panama with their drone? I am flying into Tocumen International Airport and was curious. Is registration required? What is the process? What do I need to bring? What is the cost, if any? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

My son took his drone along with his US Registration. There is a required Panama Certificate of Operation from the Civil Aeronautics agency AUTORIDAD DE AERONAUTICA CIVIL. It is next to Albrook Field near the canal. Warning, you cannot wear shorts or sandals to any government office. Found that out when my son had to borrow his uncle's size 42 pants on his skinny size 30.
Here's more info from another post: Drone Regulations in Panama

Just went through the process today and want to pass on this latest info.
First, go to the domestic airport next to the Albrook Mall. Go to the main bldg where the waiting and boarding area is. In this building toward the back and to the left side is a small office. There is a glass door with a small placard on the door. That is where you complete a form with the drone info and your info. The young lady I delt with speaks good english and is very friendly and helpful and will help you complete your application.When the form is completed you will receive your sticker with your registration number. You will also get a copy of your application. There was no charge to me for the registration. You are supposed to take an operators course/rules class that is not active yet until a department head/trainer is selected. The contact info for the drone registration office is:
phone: 507 3159076
email [email protected]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc